so this will be my first build log i havnt been on the forum in a while but im coming back in a big way. this is my 98 neon.

View My Video

not sure how to put it so it shows in the forum not just a link..

6h6ulh.jpg

this is what i currently have for it.

kenwood ddx419 receiver. still need to get the back up cam for it

rockford fosgate t152-s-5.25

rockford fosgate t1693

audiopipe 1500 16v model

one built re audio se 12 one not built

8g knukoncept cable for sub speaker wire.

as well as knukoncepts 4 chan cables

halo headlights

all of my cables for this build will be knukoncepts still need to get 1/0 for big 3 and bat to rear

what i still need to get

rockford power series 4 chan amp

need to recone both 12s

knukoncepts speaker wire

kenitek 1200

viper alarm

back up cam and xm for deck

stock srt4 rims

current plans cars gona be repainted the same color sept darker with alot of flake then wet sanded to a glass finish. dohc hood,fog bumper plan to delete the sunvisors adding options the car didnt have like p/w p/l heated/ cooled seats cooled cup holders. going to add steering wheel controls for the deck, all black interior gotta re wrap headliner and seats. also plan to add red led lights in cup holders centerconsole vents and in the kick panels have to look into how to do a relayed turn off.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Thought about trying out a double din in my 95 neon but just don't feel like doing all the glassing needed, and have kicked the idea around to use a tablet instead but again it will be more work right now than i'm wanting to commit to doing on this car as it has some issues and not sure if i intend on keeping it.

The pile of gear looks good and hope everything goes well on the install.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

this is what ive done today.

cut the dask to make room for the new deck

5wxvf6.jpg

testing fit ment.

29nauz5.jpg

seeing what i need to mod on the faceplate

2vnm2bc.jpg

cutting faceplate

a2bz39.jpg

testing fitment

2u9pkdh.jpg

deck didnt come with mounting brackets so i had to improvise

2w4y7wm.jpg

and heres the mounts i made

2vlp4jp.jpg

heres how ive been jamming lol an older kenwood reciever hooked to my 6x9s running threw the laptop

2zrhjy0.jpg

thats where im at atm will post more as i go

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

tested out the mounts today got everything aligned

33mpn38.jpg

testing to see if its level

fapwee.jpg

sorry this is upside down idk how to flip it

33ygdas.jpg

tomorrow im gona be working on the making the faceplate look good im trying to think about how to go about doing it im thinking of using jbweld to secure the faceplate of the deck to the console faceplate that way ik everythings aligned then going threw with bondo to make everything look smooth then glass/ wrap it so the bottom of the console faceplate looks nice

• 2 weeks later...

updates

after taking the power sander to it. went threw twards the bottom so i had to reinforce it

mttoy1.jpg

after applying a thick layer of bondo glass

avhm4z.jpg

painted it to see where the rough spots were

96lzzm.jpg

after sanding it back down to fix the rough spots

qpm5bo.jpg

final product

dlsqvn.jpg

a few more rough spots i gotta fix up but over all for this being my first time doing this i think i did rather well

Wow that came out nice man!

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Nice glassing!

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

no glass unless you count bondo glass working on taking the dash out so i can get it painted and put in my components

did some work the other day forgot to take pics of the running of the cables so when i put in my mic for the reciever i took some

heres what i did the other day. took out the dash panel put in the rockford tweaters and woofers.

these are the stock tweaters.

316rm6v.jpg

had to cut the frame off so i could modify it to hold the new rockford tweaters

rktrgi.jpg

jb welded the rockford tweater frames to these ones didnt take pics of that process so here they are installed with cables already ran. ended up running the speaker cables from the trunk threw the right side into the glove box to the cross overs then all the speakers go to that.

346xi5c.jpg

left rockford woofer jb welded to the stock speaker housing frame

2nsrxao.jpg

right

2pzzfy9.jpg

crossover location. needed somewhere where i can finetune them. these crossovers have the options for on or off axis right now there set to off due to the placement of my tweaters. you can also run 0 or + - 2 db of tweater atunation

30wkwbb.jpg

rockford 6x9s installed

nqd3cl.jpg

running the cables for the mic

330u52v.jpg

but thats where i am atm it was raining out side so i didnt take to many pics. right now i have the mic working so i can use the bluetooth. i love this deck i can call from it as well as play music threw a itouch or iphone. can fine tune front and back speakers. set differnt cut offs sending only certin frequencys to the front or rear. deff love that. ill keep posted when i start on some more work.

• 2 months later...

Archived