Is it possible to have an 18v system and charge at 18v? If so, then how does one accomplish this?

2 alts like you said, or a single alt with step down modules for the 12v side. 18v batteries and amps that could run that high

I didn't think there was a such thing as an 18v battery.

2 alts like you said, or a single alt with step down modules for the 12v side. 18v batteries and amps that could run that high

Only way you could manage that is to get a bunch of 2v cells

you mean a 16v system charging to 18v?

I suppose you are right. 16v batteries charging at 18v. What batteries would one need to achieve this 18v system by having 16v batteries and what step up charger would be needed?

Only way you could manage that is to get a bunch of 2v cells
. A bunch of 2v cells?

That's what I meant, 16v batts charging at 18v

Xs batts are really popular...have heard OK things about the kinetiks

Only time I've ever seen the kinetiks have issues is when people try to use the batt as a stepdown. That causes the other 2 cells to overcharge and you get a bloated battery

I have 2 kinetik hc 2400's right now but I was thinking about selling the 2400's and getting the 16v kinetik batteries to hopefully get an 18v charge or close to at least. :) does kintetik make a step up charger that will reach the 18v range?

Archived