Wood's -2011 Altima- AKA "Red Ruby" : New Build (pg.150) #SpringBling

Thanks Reedal for bringing my thread from the dead lol

Here's where she stand.... I had the box color matched this time around, painted by the body man at a local nissan dealer :)

20150803_200227_zpsyj4ib4ry.jpg

20150803_200211_zpsacrqcq2j.jpg

20150803_200317_zpsnltu0inw.jpg

I love how it came out.. but If you know me from this build log, you know I'm a perfectionist.. so I'll MOST likey sand down the clear, bondo the crew holes, re primer it (so you can't see the birch grain) and have him re paint it!!

IMG_20150502_150059_zpsqij8m1ib.jpg

I also ended up putting my doors back in for those who thought I was crazy for going back to a single set hehe :spiteful:

I'm also running active this time around and I must say it is the best decision I made... The 6.5s have KILLER midbass compared to the crossover and I have more control of the tweets which overall have my setup sounding very natural and smooth imo

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Swapped out the CT Sounds amps back to Ampere!! I actually liked the CT1400, never had a problem with it... It was the 60.4 that always overheated.. for what reason? Idk.. But with my OCD I couldn't just swap out the midhigh amp.. I had to have matching brands and since I loved my Ampere's from my last build, I did NOT mind going back :)

So there I have, the AA 125.4 and 2000.1

20151001_101156_zpsgzfnuzon.jpg

Sorry for the messy/temporary layout.. 2 big ass amps can't fit in my baby trunk without some creativity lol, but they should be in their permanent spots hopefully by the end of the month along with a couple other nick nacks I want to do!!

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Also I had my teammate bring one of my ideas to life (since it's outta my expertise)... I had the idea of floating one amp over the other, so when I have my seats folded down for shows, It would look nice and clean and a bit creative instead of the normal laying amps side by side (even though I couldn't lay them side by side if I wanted lol)

So I threw him the outer dimensions of the smaller amp, 2000.1, and the height of the 125.4 so that it can float perfectly over it... After a quick drawing of my idea, he brought it to life!!

received_1025648654152459_zpswybd7zga.jp

Here it is with a quick tack weld, before finalizing the idea... And don't let this little baby fool you.. it's about a good 8-10lbs... super beefy :spiteful:

received_1025648674152457_zpsk5ai76zc.jp

Thinking about throwing some red LEDs behind there... so It'll have a nice little accent while its floating

received_1025649484152376_zpsemxuu1kc.jp

AA 125.4 is approx. 2.1" tall so I played it safe and had the bottom of the float mount designed to be 3" .. Should be nice and uniform!!

received_1025649510819040_zpsylsdqqk5.jp

Also the top of the amp rack is set to 12" so that it isn't taller than my actual enclosure so it'll be unseen from the trunk opening... So when I open my trunk, all that will be seen eventually is my spare battery and the actual enclosure.. All wires ran to and from the spare battery will be ran behind factory panels for a super nice and clean setup... So when you look at the pictures, where my gas can is, that's where the battery will be placed and all wire will be hidden behind the carpet and panels!!

received_1026191257431532_zpsn8gjy3di.jp

All welds grinded smooth and final rack painted black and ready for install!! That will be coming soon!!

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

Here's a quick video I did after I swapped the CT to the Ampere.. So it's super quick tuning .. no where near the potential it has now that I have it dialed in... Also, the Volume and gain are conservative in the video because I don't have the electrical to support full tilt at idle.. I drop to low 12s, so I play it safe than sorry when I try to get video of it.. Once I get my secondary battery, then I'll take better videos

Also nvm the christmas tree on my dash LOL my tpms were in my rims and I had my factories on in this video while I was saving for new tires... :P

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

This past weekend I finally got curious as to what my car metered... Never been a numbers guy, but I wanted to see what she had haha... My team hosted our first show so it was only right I fully participated

Before we get into all that...

Prior to me metering, obviously I got a little demoing in for those who wanted to check out my little setup ... During my last demo, I actually blew my rear windshield seal... At First I thought maybe it was a dustcap or so smacking, but then I had ppl who were watching tell me to turn it down because they could see in my car from how far the glass was flexing off the seal... Who would've thought some 10s on 2k could get down like that? haha

This build is CRAZY efficient.. From how loud it is to the ear, to the potential on the meter...

I ended up with a 145.7 in the passenger kick... But get this... That literally ZERO testing, obvioulsy I didn't even know my peak going into the lane (that score was at 43hz btw).. My rear seal was blew so obviously that affected a lot, I don't have the right amount of supporting electrical... AND that's rear firing with some 10s!!

If I were to add my glass being sealed (which it actually sounds more solid now than before.. I'm thinking I had a leak in the seal from before because I had that same smacking sound at IFO earlier this year when I was running my SP4 15), The electrical, finding my actual peak, along with finding different seat configurations, visors, etc, I can and other teammates even vouche that I could be seeing around a 147... which is SUPER badass for a Daily setup that wasn't even thought about for numbers.. and not to mention I'm running 10s on low power!!

I love this setup... The sound quality is A1 and she can get down and dirty!!! Oh.. and look pretty too haha B)

Oh and for those who wanted proof of my rear blow windshield seal... here you go!! haha

edited_IMG-20151017-WA0002_zpstef2vlzz.j

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

Those were some good updates. It's looking good. I can't wait to see the amp rack finished. Don't hold out as long on that one ;)

Also here is a quick clip of my front stage since going active.. VERY VERY VERY much on point!!

Edit:

This was actually when I was running a single set of Hertz on the CT 60.4 ... I'll try to upload something with the current front stage.. sounds even better!!

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

Those were some good updates. It's looking good. I can't wait to see the amp rack finished. Don't hold out as long on that one ;)

Lololol Thank you!! It has been a lot since I last posted.. I'm going to try and get the rack installed by the end of the month (Hopefully).. I'll actually be pulling my Sub amp tomorrow so I can mark the mounting holes on the rack.. Once I get that took care of, I'll be rerouting wires and mounting the rack and 125.4 in it's permanant spots while I ponder what I want to do for the LED lights (already hae a roll, just need to figure out everywhere I want to light up) ... But I'll have more updates in the very near future.. Hopefully buying my secondary battery next month so I can finish everything!!

The ONLY thing I want to do is change to SA's, redo the body work and paint on the enclosure and redo the body work and upholstery on the doors.. other than that, she's EXACTLY how I want her!!

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

Archived