Wood's -2011 Altima- AKA "Red Ruby" : New Build (pg.150) #SpringBling

FINALLY Finished the doors! I allowed the glue to cure 24hrs before tampering/trimming material off so it can get the best adhesion and won't "lift" on me later... They came out nice for my first time.. I am completely satisfied!!

IMG-20140926-WA0001_zpsb9b7e116.jpeg

IMG-20140926-WA0003_zpsaf0b317c.jpeg

Here are both pods placed on the doors for a quick snapshot of the finished products... When I permanently mount them, I'll take better pics.

So the baffles for my tweeters made it in today, so it is for SURE that I'm gonna start my tweeter pods this weekend :D

Also, for a minor update... I will not be installing the doors until mid October. I plan to full deaden my Front doors including the outer skin, back of the actually door panel and I'm gonna install 3/4" open cell foam behind the pod itself to help increase vocal response by eliminating reflections that interfere with the speaker response!! This is Something me and Jeff has been planning to get the most out of this front stage. I don't want to have to take these door panels off any more so I'm just gonna be patient and wait until I order the deadening so I can reinstall the door panels once. I'm hoping to have the A Pillars finished in the next week so I can start my enclosure and start running all my wire so that when I receive the sub, amp and batteries, it'll be all plug and play!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

The doors came out looking great! Not bad for your first time lol.

Lol thanks bro! Slight imperfections when mounted on the door, but all in all they look GREAT! Not perfect by any means, but the imperfections are only there if I show them.. my ocd made me a little upset seeing them mounted but in all honesty, it's not bad at all! I got done fitment pics I'm gonna post up

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

If you ever sell this car I'm coming to Texas to kick your ass

Lol never! she's gonna stick around for a minute haha.. but you should come to Texas and get a demo when I'm done hahaha

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

Alright, so for some updates...

I got a couple fitment shots this weekend... The doors fit perfectly within my comfort zone which is a big plus!! There are minor imperfections with the pods fully mounted (gaps).. was kind of upset because of my OCD kicking in wanting everything PERFECT, but its really not all that bad for my first time so I'm not tripping...

IMG-20140927-WA0006_zps6758eb95.jpeg

IMG-20140927-WA0008_zps8373a8be.jpeg

If you look at my foot, you can see it's perfectly on the factory foot rest without interfering with the speakers... and actually when I drive, My left leg is folded like siting in a chair so there is ZERO discomfort or interference!!

IMG-20140927-WA0011_zps9a07f961.jpeg

Speakers are reverse mounted!!! (I know only one is mounted with the picture, but as of now all speakers are screwed in place!

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

Alright, So I didn't get as far as I wanted with my A Pillars because I needed a break... I was a little upset with the doors, but after chilling out on Saturday, I decided to go ahead and hope on the pillars

IMG_20140928_164750_zps767cf71b.jpg

They were hot glued in place with the pillars in the car.. there is a VERY slight uneven in tilt (not height) because the way my dash raises on the driver side, and I promise it isn't possible to tell!!

IMG-20140928-WA0001_zpsa77150c9.jpeg

After "wrapping" the pillars in grill cloth.. The good part about the way I wrapped the cloth is I will have to do MINIMAL body work... most of the work will be around the edges and even where I trimmed the edge of the cloth, its gonna make easy for me to blend! :)

IMG-20140928-WA0004_zps37883685.jpeg

Here's the driver side test fitted since its the only side with the hump... Its a close fitment but even when I put it into place, I didn't fully snap the pillar in place so there's about an extra 1/4" additional room!

received_m_mid_1412017661793_a198d552b98

I got it resined and actually was able to take my dremel and slightly sand down the edges which is going to make for even EASIER body work in the later stages... Overall the Pillars (so far) are WAY easier then the door panels... I like that the pods are so little because even though it is custom, it looks very discrete for what it is... I'll be ordering the fabric this week, so the pillars should be done completely by next week ... Then it's on to the enclosure :D

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

Flush mounts mids even though they will be covered. Now that's attention to detail lol.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Flush mounts mids even though they will be covered. Now that's attention to detail lol.

Lol thanks bro!! I did it for security purposes.. all of the thought and design that's been implemented was not only for looks but also for security.... same will go for my trunk :)

I won't be able to do all the beauty panels and stuff I wanted, but it will look nice and clean!!!

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

FINALLY Finished the doors! I allowed the glue to cure 24hrs before tampering/trimming material off so it can get the best adhesion and won't "lift" on me later... They came out nice for my first time.. I am completely satisfied!!

IMG-20140926-WA0001_zpsb9b7e116.jpeg

IMG-20140926-WA0003_zpsaf0b317c.jpeg

Here are both pods placed on the doors for a quick snapshot of the finished products... When I permanently mount them, I'll take better pics.

So the baffles for my tweeters made it in today, so it is for SURE that I'm gonna start my tweeter pods this weekend :D

Also, for a minor update... I will not be installing the doors until mid October. I plan to full deaden my Front doors including the outer skin, back of the actually door panel and I'm gonna install 3/4" open cell foam behind the pod itself to help increase vocal response by eliminating reflections that interfere with the speaker response!! This is Something me and Jeff has been planning to get the most out of this front stage. I don't want to have to take these door panels off any more so I'm just gonna be patient and wait until I order the deadening so I can reinstall the door panels once. I'm hoping to have the A Pillars finished in the next week so I can start my enclosure and start running all my wire so that when I receive the sub, amp and batteries, it'll be all plug and play!

I feel you bro...I haven't even finished my doors yet, I mean I did but then I redid them because I didn't like the way it looked....my panels have been off since July and it sucks driving all the sound is coming from the back...but can't wait to see the outcome on those tweets...

Archived