I bought some paint today to paint my mdf and fibreglass. It's a canadian paint called "Rust Coat" It's an Alkyd based rust paint "infused with urethane" but i just noticed it says for metal surfaces only on the front. I'm positive i used it on my last build but I don't remember the metal only part. Will it still work ok? I mean Alkyd paint is alkyd paint or so i thought. The "rust coat" primer says for metal or wood but not the paint. wth. Their new version is latex only pshhhh... Thoughts?

Should be fine alkyd paint just has an additive that causes It to dry faster than regular oil based paints. I would prime it first though with a alkyd or oil based wood primer.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Can always practice on scrap piece wood see what happens

Yeah. Just takes so long to dry. I got no paitence lol

Would it be ok to cover 100% of the mdf surface? I read somewhere that trapped moisture can make th epaint flake off or some shit. I think i'm overthinking shit again.

Can always practice on scrap piece wood see what happens

Yeah. Just takes so long to dry. I got no paitence lol

Would it be ok to cover 100% of the mdf surface? I read somewhere that trapped moisture can make th epaint flake off or some shit. I think i'm overthinking shit again.

Yes you can coat all sides. moisture will peel paint the best way to protect the wood from moisture is to seal all surfaces with paint or stain.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived