Pro audio vs Components?

sourdsul

I think allot of peoples views about pa set ups being crappy and harsh is because the pa set ups that they have heard are just that. Crappy and harsh. It takes time and allot of looking around and picking your speakers wisely on which ones to use to make everything come together. If put together properly and tuned correctly pa can sound amazing in any car. I just look at it as an extra challenge that allot of people might not want to put that much time into. Everybody has there own opinion on what they think things should sound like. I like things to sound life like, like you are sitting right there listening to somebody playing the music. Real music doesn't have a perfect rta. There is a song I listen to sometimes that has a sound in it around the 4 to 5k range that I've never heard any tweeter besides 1 style be able to play it with the authority it was recorded at. That its why you kinda have to know what your looking for when it comes to selecting pa drivers.

Here's my take..

Ive heard a couple different PA setups. Most sounded like bright, and quite frankly.. hurt

HOWEVER.. Lloyd's doors (4 Crescendo mids and a few of their supertweets) sounded great IMO. Granted, theyre tuned with a 3Sixty.3

Ive come to this conclusion.. If you take your time and tune your PA frontstage, they will be LOUD as FAWK and sound pretty good too. Lloyd's doors were undeniably the loudest of the show (which wasnt small by any means).

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

The tuning needs to be done to compensate. Most dont.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I think that is the biggest part.

Like said above, i think most people just wanna get loud.

They buy a shit ton of PA mids and tweets. And let em wang......

I posted many many threads about PA's when i was debating. I was, and frankly AM STILL worried about the low end, and the inevitable lack there of of MID bass responce. Im hoping with some Eq'ing/processing, a SHIT TON of damp on the door skins, and a car audio GOD doing my panels..... im hoping to at least, use mine to full potential.

And again, im not going for SQ build. But, like everyone, i want it to sound not only good, but, again, the best i can make them. I think to often, gear of all types gets shit on, because the user didnt properly use said gear. Id rather blame me not knowing, than blame gear.

But,

If im not impressed, then changes will be made......... Period. But, it wont be because i gave it ONE HELL of a fighting chance..... :shrug:

Here's my take..

Ive heard a couple different PA setups. Most sounded like bright, and quite frankly.. hurt

HOWEVER.. Lloyd's doors (4 Crescendo mids and a few of their supertweets) sounded great IMO. Granted, theyre tuned with a 3Sixty.3

Ive come to this conclusion.. If you take your time and tune your PA frontstage, they will be LOUD as FAWK and sound pretty good too. Lloyd's doors were undeniably the loudest of the show (which wasnt small by any means).

Hunter, can you direct me to his install/build please?

The tuning needs to be done to compensate. Most dont.

Tuning does need to be done to just about every pa set up I agree. Pa isn't for everyone. Most probably wouldn't want to spend the time to learn every aspect of pa and drivers. When I got into pa drivers bout 15 years ago it opened up a whole new world to me. I have learned a ton of info about drivers that has carried over into the car audio field cause I let it. I use to be just a components person just like yourself. For most people it is easier and better for them to just get components cause it takes all the trails and error and guess work out of it if just starting out in pa set up s.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Having components just makes the job easier....getting pro audio to work on par would require u to use different types of pro audio speakers....for e.g in order for me to get a well rounded sound i have to used mid bass 10's, mid range 10's and 2 inch throat compression drivers ....my 99rs does the work in terms of getting the tuning right....i would like to add it is not easy to get it right...the 99rs is not walk over like the 80rs....no bleeding of frequencies i would say the closest thing to having perfect tuning capabilties....hey but thts jus my view don't quote me....i'm just saying all those who appose pro audio just straight up lazy....to get it right u gotto put some work into the pro audio...

all those who say with pro audio u only have to use 1 amp to play 8 speakers....tht is bs...thts why their stuff sounds like crap....i kno thts why my mid section uses 5 amps lol

Vehicle: 2000 Toyota Corolla Limited S

Head Unit: DEX 99rs pioneer

Speakers

Sub treble/High mid : 2 1.4 inch throat 2080 18 sound drivers neodyium with wave guide

Tweeters: 2 Mtx dome, 4 APT eminence super tweeters

Mid Range: 2 18Sound 6" 6ND410 NEO,2 18 Sound 10" 10NDA610 NEO

Low Mid Range: 2 18 Sound 10 NMB420

Sub: 2 Z-12 V.3 D1 - Sundown Audio

Amplifiers

Sub treble/High Mid: MTX Audio TA5302 Thunder

Tweeters: JL Audio e4300 4-Channel

Mid range: MTX Audio TC3002

Mid range: MTX Audio TA7402 Thunder 7402

Low Mid Range: MTX Audio TA7402 Thunder 7402

Sub: MTX Thunder Elite 4001D

Alternator: 220amp mechman