• 2 weeks later...

Got a few things done over the weekend. Built my amp rack and got it carpeted. Took a few process pics but they were messed up so no pics of that. I will get some pics of the finished product later tonight.

I also bought a new HU. Sold my JVC DD to my nephew and went back to single din and picked up a Pioneer DEHx9600BHS. It's a pretty nice HU for that price range. Weird going from DD to Single when you're used to one. I also bought some new 4" coaxials for my dash. I've always had some cheap shit 4" ones (Powerbass/Aura/Power Acoustik) but picked up some nice JBL P462 power series. I must say, even off HU, these are pretty loud. You can definitely tell the difference of sound the make when playing music with and without them. Music just sounds so much fuller and adds a different frequency than with them playing. I managed to snap some pics of these and a short video too.

20140308_165051_zpsgcetej4i.jpg

PA on left, JBL on right

20140308_165101_zpsdm9cqd0k.jpg

PA

20140308_165111_zpsnthd8mx8.jpg

20140308_165117_zpsipvehqa0.jpg

JBL

20140308_165133_zpszjx06prc.jpg

20140308_165210_zps1qnh1iks.jpg

20140308_165225_zpsdpinwol2.jpg

Quick test video. Don't forget to sub!

Man has the box changed alot since these pics, You fuckers are gonna flip out and wish you were Kenny once you see it! Pics will here of the rest of the build and the finished product after Thursday until then just dream and wait.

Man has the box changed alot since these pics, You fuckers are gonna flip out and wish you were Kenny once you see it! Pics will here of the rest of the build and the finished product after Thursday until then just dream and wait.

Man.. you and Andrew been teasing me about this for weeks! Can't wait until Thursday to finally see and HEAR it in action!

Can't wait to see and here this with the new box and subs.... Gonna be Sweet

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Can't wait to see and here this with the new box and subs.... Gonna be Sweet

Heck yeah. There's a show on the 30th in Crofton, you going?

sweet build man

Thanks bud.

Don't know. I really need to make time to finish my build before the tdh show in April so prolly not.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived