masterbusa2 Posted June 8, 2013 Author Report Posted June 8, 2013 well i ust did a build tuned to 28 and it sounds awesome, the only downfall which onyl he considers a downfall is we put so much dang dynomat that you can barely hear it outside the truck, but when parked next to other vehicles can flex their mirrors with ease even at red lights xD but again even tuned at 28 before rise and stuff you can hear the notes at about 24 it starts getting quiter to me though even thought the subs are doing work
n8ball2013 Posted June 8, 2013 Report Posted June 8, 2013 I don't understand why people are so fascinated with tuning in the 20's. I get demos sometimes and I can barely hear the thing. I can tell it's on because the subs are going bananas, but it's not like... making any noise. "It's tuned to 26hz" "Congrats." It's like the opposite of a burp box. Really low, really quiet. Lol. You are my personal fucking jesus today. I've been saying this forever. Or the people who only bang decaf because its loud. How about just getting loud period? dont forget that sweet rolloff and huge gap between the mids picking it up in most cases too. Fof the record. I'm tuned to 37 and it gets low and loud enough to play just about anything and choke you out while doing it. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
masterbusa2 Posted June 8, 2013 Author Report Posted June 8, 2013 Someone informed me you can tune high and play low to hairtrick better than tune low play low is this correct or myth?
TaylorFade Posted June 8, 2013 Report Posted June 8, 2013 I don't understand why people are so fascinated with tuning in the 20's. I get demos sometimes and I can barely hear the thing. I can tell it's on because the subs are going bananas, but it's not like... making any noise. "It's tuned to 26hz" "Congrats." It's like the opposite of a burp box. Really low, really quiet. Lol. You are my personal fucking jesus today. I've been saying this forever. Or the people who only bang decaf because its loud. How about just getting loud period? dont forget that sweet rolloff and huge gap between the mids picking it up in most cases too. Fof the record. I'm tuned to 37 and it gets low and loud enough to play just about anything and choke you out while doing it. Lmao. Who cares about 50-100hz!? Tune to 26hz and toss in some PA mids. Bingo. Decaf heaven. pffft, pffft, tssst, tssst, pffft, tssst!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol.
TaylorFade Posted June 8, 2013 Report Posted June 8, 2013 Someone informed me you can tune high and play low to hairtrick better than tune low play low is this correct or myth? In theory... maybe. Because the subs will be unloading like a mofo and flappin' like a porn star's labia. But below tuning, you aren't exciting the port. Which is like... the whole benefit of a vented enclosure. I'd rather have both working for me, if you know what I mean. But at tuning is where you're subs are moving the least because the port is doing all the work. But that's coupling. And it's a good thing.
CleanSierra Posted June 8, 2013 Report Posted June 8, 2013 I can count on a hand or two who's vehicles actually sound good tuned in the 20s. One is Randal(Cablguy) and another is Sanitarium. Dont quote me on Sani's blowthrough, my memory might be crap. I do believe he gets loud across a pretty wide frequency range. For the record, I hate the sub-30s tuning as well. This excludes the SQ guys obviously Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
n8ball2013 Posted June 8, 2013 Report Posted June 8, 2013 I don't understand why people are so fascinated with tuning in the 20's. I get demos sometimes and I can barely hear the thing. I can tell it's on because the subs are going bananas, but it's not like... making any noise. "It's tuned to 26hz" "Congrats." It's like the opposite of a burp box. Really low, really quiet. Lol. You are my personal fucking jesus today. I've been saying this forever. Or the people who only bang decaf because its loud. How about just getting loud period? dont forget that sweet rolloff and huge gap between the mids picking it up in most cases too. Fof the record. I'm tuned to 37 and it gets low and loud enough to play just about anything and choke you out while doing it. Lmao. Who cares about 50-100hz!? Tune to 26hz and toss in some PA mids. Bingo. Decaf heaven. pffft, pffft, tssst, tssst, pffft, tssst!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol. I can see we will get along just fine. PA hater. Uber low tuning hater. YUUUPPPPPP! lol THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
masterbusa2 Posted June 8, 2013 Author Report Posted June 8, 2013 haha xD so tune high play low does do better hairtricks? im confused
TaylorFade Posted June 8, 2013 Report Posted June 8, 2013 haha xD so tune high play low does do better hairtricks? im confused Please don't get me started on hairtricks as a design goal.
masterbusa2 Posted June 8, 2013 Author Report Posted June 8, 2013 xD well its not for me its for my ebst friend the system is already built but all he wants is hairtricks doesnt even care about metering or anything. and no were not adding a fan. again its 2 Crossfire Xs v.2 15's with a bc5500 and plenty of electrical
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.