Dual batteries

I ordered the Wire from sky high and forgot to get the fuses. Is it nessicary to fuse between both batteries.? I would think so but wanted to double check. May have to wait a few more days to install the second battery.

it isn't necessary, it is recommended, however I was running an xs 3400 in the hood to my rear xs 3400, never had a fuse between the batteries jus a fuse from battery to amp and i never had any problems, just make sure all your wires are solid and you should be fine.

-playing with different setups

I would wait until the wire can be fused. Say that wire has a short in it in the short amount of time it isn't fused. *POOF* There goes your car.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Some people use one, some people use two. To me it seems safer to use two, that way if it shorts in the middle both fuses blow and the wire isn't shorting on one end and not the other. Make sense?

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Good luck with your build, man!

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

If you're only going to use one fuse, there isn't any point at all. If you wanna be safe (smart way imo), fuse both ends right next to the battery. That way if the wire happens to get cut/short in the middle, it'll blow both fuses before sending your car up in flames. If you only use one fuse or no fuse at all, you've still got a battery on either end sending current through the wire where it's shorted at and voila! There goes your car

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

it isn't necessary, it is recommended, however I was running an xs 3400 in the hood to my rear xs 3400, never had a fuse between the batteries jus a fuse from battery to amp and i never had any problems, just make sure all your wires are solid and you should be fine.

I don't know about you but I'd sleep easier knowing it was fused and couldn't burn down... but that's just me.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Archived