Purplehaze Posted June 9, 2013 Author Report Posted June 9, 2013 oh kicker. Oh Kicker what? Please don't come in here cluttering up this thread w/ Kicker hating. I don't really wanna hear it. Not just from you, but EVERYONE. Pretty sure I caused this by using too much lacquer thinner to clean it with. Besides, I'm really sick of hearing all of the Kicker bashing. They are the most successful car audio company ever, period. I'm sorry, but there is a lot of cheap ass junk out there that's a whole lot worse than Kicker. I just don't understand why everyone hates them so much. It's like a trend; one person says they suck, so 50 million other young know-it-all punks agree with whatever they hear online. SMH... Guess what people: Kicker does not suck. Is it the absolute best? HELL NO. But is it the absolute worst? HELL NO. Plus the people there are actually helpful, unlike other popular internet companies who just want your money, and don't really care if you are getting what you need or not. Cough ....(DC Audio).... I apologize for the rant; just tired of all the hating for nothing. I just wish people would keep their negativity to themselves. If you hate Kicker, fine, don't buy it. It's not cool to constantly bash stuff that other people like. Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
Berries53 Posted June 9, 2013 Report Posted June 9, 2013 I used to have a solo x 12 in a 6cub ported box and that thing slammed. I've always liked kicker. And your right they arent the best company out there but they defiantly not the worst lol
Dwn4BassAlan Posted June 10, 2013 Report Posted June 10, 2013 oh kicker. Oh Kicker what? Please don't come in here cluttering up this thread w/ Kicker hating. I don't really wanna hear it. Not just from you, but EVERYONE. Pretty sure I caused this by using too much lacquer thinner to clean it with. Besides, I'm really sick of hearing all of the Kicker bashing. They are the most successful car audio company ever, period. I'm sorry, but there is a lot of cheap ass junk out there that's a whole lot worse than Kicker. I just don't understand why everyone hates them so much. It's like a trend; one person says they suck, so 50 million other young know-it-all punks agree with whatever they hear online. SMH... Guess what people: Kicker does not suck. Is it the absolute best? HELL NO. But is it the absolute worst? HELL NO. Plus the people there are actually helpful, unlike other popular internet companies who just want your money, and don't really care if you are getting what you need or not. Cough ....(DC Audio).... I apologize for the rant; just tired of all the hating for nothing. I just wish people would keep their negativity to themselves. If you hate Kicker, fine, don't buy it. It's not cool to constantly bash stuff that other people like. Yeah, wtf. Like this is gonna sound really weird but one of the most pounding systems I've ever heard, for those kids at school who had no idea what they're doing, was a single CVX 15" in a sealed box in a PRIUS for all that lol. There's no doubt they bump, they're just not the best is all, but most certainly not the worst, far far far from it. Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620 Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol When Alan uses big words I don't understand It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room. I missed Alan. RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.
cat man Posted June 10, 2013 Report Posted June 10, 2013 http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/tutorials-quick-references/61944-how-realign-top-plate.html
STEvil Posted June 10, 2013 Report Posted June 10, 2013 The top plate is usually glued in place. It is an inferior and poor practice that few manufacturers have thought to change and this the result, unfortunately. MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..." Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through. Hammerdown... 1% no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.
Purplehaze Posted June 10, 2013 Author Report Posted June 10, 2013 http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/tutorials-quick-references/61944-how-realign-top-plate.html Thanks! That is exactly what I needed to see. The top plate is usually glued in place. It is an inferior and poor practice that few manufacturers have thought to change and this the result, unfortunately. No doubt! I know from now on I will be much more careful when cleaning the motors. Pretty sure I had a part in it coming loose, used too much lacquer thinner. But hey, I'm sure that it was poorly glued as well. Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
alsa2009 Posted June 10, 2013 Report Posted June 10, 2013 Did this happen to the motor you just got? HU: Pioneer AVH-X4600BT Front Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x8's Back Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x9's Blowthru: 6 Pyle Pro audio 8's, 2 Pyle Pro Audio 6.5's, 4 Selenium super tweeters Amps: 2 Kicker ZX1500.1's 2 Kicker ZX850.2's 2 Kicker SX900.2's Subs 4 DC Soundlab Level 4 12's D1's Alt: Mechman 270xp 6G Batterys:Diehard Platinum, 2 Kinetik HC2400's 2 Runs of Stinger HPM 0ga DC Audio build. Middle of page 4... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/130652-96-crown-vic-system-upgrade-4-dc-audio-lvl-4-12s-more-to-come/page-4 Blowthrough build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189217-crown-vic-project-blowthrough/
Purplehaze Posted June 10, 2013 Author Report Posted June 10, 2013 Did this happen to the motor you just got? Yes, this was the second motor I have bought. The first one is still a ok. Pretty sure this is a blessing in disguise... more on this later. Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
Purplehaze Posted June 13, 2013 Author Report Posted June 13, 2013 So the fix is underway! Check it out.After studying the link cat man gave us, I now know exactly how this is done. First thing is to remove the top plate. This is done using longer bolts. So first I had to find the bolts.Only ones they had at fastenal were these. So I had to finish threading them.Everything ready to goAll 8 bolts threaded and readySo now to just screw them in to the original basket holes.You gotta slowly screw them down little by little. I really took my time, but still had two of them break on me.Getting there, slowly but surely! Finally ready to pull. First, I secure the bottom of the assembly (very very carefully b/c ferrite breaks easily!) to the board, then move it to the grass just in case.... But taking my time paid off, and everything worked out fine! Came right off. So normally all you would do now is clean off the glue, put in the right shims (which I still need), and re-install the same way, only taking the bolts out, letting the plate back down in the exact right spot. Which is exactly what I am going to do. But...I got to thinking... why not use this time to explore some other possible modification options? So that's what I am doing, cant tell ya too much yet. Don't wanna look like a stupid ass, or give away a killer idea possibility. But I will post up some pics of this motor going back together, I promise Stay tuned! And thank for lookin', and especially for all the help so far! Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.