Personal Project------- Customized Tv Stand,speaker Center

I have a few pics of this pieced together, Iam slowly assembling this, then taking it apart, use body filler for screw holes, pre drill holes for the brass furniture bolts, t-nuts, then prime, then paint, then clear, and re assemble

here is what it wil basically look like, but I will have a custom grill that wraps around that open area between the top and bottom, where the speakers are mounted

So, this is just to get a basic look, not even close to the finished deal

Posted Image

Posted Image

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Hey man, I have that same router set-up... What do you think about the fixed-base part of it? I hate mine, really hard to adjust, hard to swap the motor into from the plunge base. The plunge is really nice though...

Sweet project too - that is really going to be a facefull of sound coming off of that furniture.

And.... Router-bit wise, check out mlcswoodworking.com they have some pretty smoking deals sometimes.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

I have no complaints on the fixed, or plunge... The adjustments work fine, and it slides right out... I know that I got dust in the gear teeth on the main motor part, and to slide the plunge or fixed based sometimes gets a little stuck, I just blow it off, and wipe down the teeth... That may be why your is hard to adjust, dont foget you have to unlach the fixed base to adjust it. That cought me off gaurd my first time with it.

Went shopping at ACE hardware

my favorite place to get odd ball stuff you cant find at Lowes, or HD

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

grill materials

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I actually have a question on my own build here, to cut the grill material, Iam thinking of a router. I know you can use a router to cut thin gauge metals, and other items like that, but would I be better off using my radial arm saw, or my table saw?

I planned on cuting the steel mesh by clamsheling it between 2 piecing of wood to keep the cuts clean

the thickness is 0.020" thick, I dont know what that is in gauge thickness, but Iam sure the cut will be no issue

sundown.jpg

metal shears bro, like what the hvac guys use to cut metal duct, will work the best bro, just draw square straight lines and cut.

highspeed and moving parts + thin metal= disaster IMO

well, I have used routers on sheet metal, but this is perforated, I know shit will fly everywhere

but goggles, and protection

I think Iam going to try a thin slice with the radial arm set up as a table saw

This new puppy is crackin me up, its watching Gangs of New York.. lol

sundown.jpg

Well, I found out that router flush cut bit 1/4" shank, not the half inch is the best thing possible for cutting that metal grill

I didnt even know I was cutting it, it was that good, and quiet, felt like I was going thru air

hah

Now, after spending $24 for that stuff, Iam trying to figure out HOW Iam going to use it

damn

And those 1/4" alum pipes

sundown.jpg

Looks real good so far man!! I would suggest using some grill cloth on the mesh. Dont know if you planned on it or not it just ads to the sexiness!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived