Sundown Audio

Kicker warhorse?

Mr Bigolsworth

He kept telling me it killed on music but would never play a song. He never wanted to sit in my truck and had the nerve to tell me if I really had T4000s in my truck RF would have kept him know. Since he was still cool with all the people over there. I was like...what the fuck do you smoke

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Warhorses are sexy, they are used a decent amount but mostly by people sponsored by kicker such as a shop or something. I believe kicker made this amp more of a novelty item just because they have the resources like the rockford T15k.

They are great amps tho as draggimaster said, they use a "pushpull" configuration and are efficient.

But I think the main reason most of us ie "underground" people don't run them is because its kicker and expensive.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

I don't know...I'm almost sure we would see it drag in performance when matched against other 10k rated amps

it was really the wiring, it was to damn big and the strain. i had one. although through out all the bullshit they are pretty nice amps

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

teamht, dont know if you were there but if im not mistaken image audio in wasilla had a guy show up at a comp with a warhorse and a walled suv. the guy took loudest car of the day and 1st place sq. could be wrong its been 1-2years since then and my memory hasn't always been trust worthy lol.

Did you sit inside? It was really unimoressive for tar equipment he had as in cone area and power. I dost know how it won sq, I want to say six 15"s on a warhorse is far from sq.

I didn't but if I remember right they didn't exactly pick the right person to do the sq testing on the cars. at the time I think I was running rf 6x8 off the deck and a pair of 10s or a single 12. the little I heard from standing outside it I was impressed but that was compared to my lack of mids and highs.

was it big perm? haha

now that is one guy I cant stand. a comp I went to in Alaska he lied to the place holding the comp and said he had 1 15. think the story was that they asked if he was running 15s or 12s and he said 15 and just let them assume he was only running 1. asked him why he was in my class with 2 15s when the way it was being done he should have been up a class. he said because they said he can be in that class with the 2 15s. talked to the guys running the show and they took a look at his setup and bumped him up a class.

the guy wasn't even willing to play fair.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

It's because he needs twice the advantage to just break even

It's because he needs twice the advantage to just break even

yeah, couldnt stand him. dont think he even took second place at that comp. i did like a 145-146 and i think he was somewhere around 142-143. i know he was right in the same area as my friend that came with me. he had 2 big bangs off a t500.1 in a prefab on his back seat.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

He talked all this trash over the phone, even about Meade and FI/AA. But then be would go out of his way to avoid me and then wouldn't even sit in my truck. Then he said my score was bogus and blah blah blah about doing 60s but would never demo around me. I really hated that guy.

He knows I'm on this forum and I've never seen him on here.

But I did see him on CACO once...I posted a response and I don't think he ever went back on, lol

from what i was told is that he was in a car club there in alaska for a little while and that when he first joined he was an alright person. they said after about a year or 2 he wouldnt stop talking his lines of bs. was told abut 4-5 months ago they kicked him out and that he supposedly moved outta state.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived