Sonic Electronix

Hey guys hope you ppl can help me.Speaking about amps which i know very little about,im trying to tune my monoblock amp 2500w got 2 12" Starsound digital dvc subwoofers running on that amp.what do i need to turn on my amp to get the most bass out off my subs. I tried to upload a pic i`ve taken eaarlier of my amp but cant seem to upload it. My amp got LEVEL,SUB SONIC,LPF,BASS BOOST AND PHASE. How far shud i turn each of them. At the moment only level is turned to max, sub sonic is at its lowest and bass boost on its highest but LPF and Phase i dont know how far i should turn them. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

u should really set it with a dmm....but, from the sounds of things, u have urs set completely wrong..lol...turn the gain down to at least half, set the subsonic a few hz below ur tuning and turn ur bass boost off or at least turn it way down...lpf i would put around 80hz, phase i would leave at zero...

try all that. just turn your volume up to your max listening level and adjust your gain accordingly. if your subs experience over excursion or are bottoming out then turn ur gain down...if you here distortion and it sounds like shit then turn your gain down...

i likes me some audio stuff...

the lpf frequency setting should go from lets say 50-250Hz, set it at about 2/5 clockwise a.k.a. ~80hz

bass boost always @ 0

phase always at 0 unless your sub is mounted outside of the box

subsonic filter should be set 1-10hz below tune frequency of ur box

a good starting point is to look up ur headunit online or in ur manual and find out what the preout/preamp rca voltage is

its listed for almost all headunits somewhere, then set the level on the amp to that corresponding rca voltage....

what amp are we refering to?

the level should be set last with ur headunit volume at 75% of its max number it goes up to

either with a dmm

or

play a song u know very well with more than one bass note, and start at min and increase until the bass sounds sloppy or unatural and boomy, it will never need to be set at max, and usually not past 3/4

the only time it would be set at max would be if the source of ur signal came from something that puts out .2v, which there arent any headunits that put out that little of an amount

hope that clears it up

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

thanx guys.i appreciate the responses.Everyday when i return from work then i fiddle with the amps coz either the bass is too much or too low.i was thinking of getting myself an equalizer so that i can tune the level and stuff from the equalizer box.

Its nice to know ther is always ppl aound the world that enjoys the same hobby as i do.keep it up guys.All the way from South Africa.

Archived