bassaddiction Posted June 16, 2013 Report Posted June 16, 2013 anyone ever use a power window conversion kit. need one for my truck, roll downs suck. im worry about it not being not strong enough to roll the windows. what do u guys suggest i do. thanks
RCP Audio Posted June 16, 2013 Report Posted June 16, 2013 id like to know about this aswel. i want to glass my doors but need power windows first to make my life easier PSN: Rcp_soundz Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at. I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k. 1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/
bassaddiction Posted June 16, 2013 Author Report Posted June 16, 2013 same thing i want to glass my doors too. i bought a kit befor the motor died frist try lol and only got it half way down. i was think of use oem parts but i dont know if they would fit
Borris The Blade Posted June 16, 2013 Report Posted June 16, 2013 Id go with oem parts because a few aftermarket kits that were just crap. Go to a pick and pull that way you can get all the parts you need off a donor truck like motors, brackets, switches, wiring, ect. I'm sure the parts will fit, don't think make different doors for non power windows, I sure it will be some work to get the parts in there though. It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.
RCP Audio Posted June 16, 2013 Report Posted June 16, 2013 what if my car never had a version with power windows? PSN: Rcp_soundz Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at. I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k. 1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/
Neckbeard Posted June 16, 2013 Report Posted June 16, 2013 what if my car never had a version with power windows? This^ would also like to convert my car to power windows Edit: and they didnt make power windows in 1970 lol Build log, Super slow!!: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168096-slow-neckbeards-1970-opel-gt/
bassaddiction Posted June 16, 2013 Author Report Posted June 16, 2013 Id go with oem parts because a few aftermarket kits that were just crap. Go to a pick and pull that way you can get all the parts you need off a donor truck like motors, brackets, switches, wiring, ect. I'm sure the parts will fit, don't think make different doors for non power windows, I sure it will be some work to get the parts in there though. theirs no good junk yards by me so i would have to by everything on ebay or something. also i wouldn't know how it went together. shit sucks
Airborne Posted June 16, 2013 Report Posted June 16, 2013 I am going to try one of these on my 91 Z28 http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Door-Power-Window-Conversion-Kit-All-Makes-Universal-Fit-Switches-motor-crank-/121126596304?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c33b52ed0&vxp=mtr
bassaddiction Posted June 16, 2013 Author Report Posted June 16, 2013 I am going to try one of these on my 91 Z28 http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Door-Power-Window-Conversion-Kit-All-Makes-Universal-Fit-Switches-motor-crank-/121126596304?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c33b52ed0&vxp=mtr had something like that it sucked ass
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.