Home defense shotgun... n8, input appreciated

Well i have two shotguns. One of which i want to convert to a tactical home defense. It's a 20 gauge Remington 870 pump action. I have the shorter slug barrel for it, not sure if i need to go shorter/different or not. My real question here is what should i get? Ive kinda liked the looks of a dual pistol grip on the front and the rear, and i feel it would be fairly functional close range since you really wouldn't be aiming a shotgun too thoroughly in a hallway or bedroom. Also looked at the dual pistol grips with a folding stock so i can kinda have the best of both worlds.

I'd like to stay within a budget of 200 bucks if i dont need the barrel, maybe a little more if i need a different barrel.

Opinions are appreciated.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I would say run a pistol grip on the rear and use the conventional style pump handle on the front... I have used those forward pistol grips on a shotgun and to me they were kind of awkward...

If you do switch from conventional stock to a pistol grip make sure ya practice with it... Its a different kind of control with them unless you do one of the stocks that has a pistol grip but allows it to be shouldered... I would say that will give you the most control over the weapon

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I have the ati adjustable stock with pistol grip on my mossberg, and I love it.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

• 3 weeks later...

For home defense you could do just pistol grip in the back something like the folding stock would be good thing if you will be taking it out to range also. Like you said wont be too worried about aiming in the house especially with a shotgun. The best is just to see what feels comfortable with you try both set ups, could always sell the extra parts if you do not like the feel.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the ati adjustable stock with pistol grip on my mossberg, and I love it.

I also have this om my mossberg my only problem is I got a folding stock and it rubs on my thumb very bad where it folds at ....lol I took it skeet shooting one day and I was tearable with it my cheek weld and bead sites would not line up at all I got the 18"barrel 8shot tube cruiser model

Edit:tho it is not a good setup for sporting its bad ass for ho,e defense

i have rhe same problem on mine if fucks my cheek up skeet shooting and a pain to line the beads up but home defense it would be great

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Pistol grips and regular pump action would be the perfect home defense setup, check local pawn shops, I've come across a couple of Moss 500s for sub $300

Archived