Anybody Familiar with Ford "Fly-by-Wire" Throttle Assemblies?

Cats do melt BTW. I've seen it many times. The ceramic material usually breaks apart and plugs up, but the ceramic material can occasionally melt if there is exessive heat. Sometimes from a lean condition or driving with an ignition misfire that is dumping raw fuel. That is why a Check engine light will flash under a misfire, it is a universal warning of imminent catalyst failure (meltdown). Google it!

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

Cats do melt BTW. I've seen it many times. The ceramic material usually breaks apart and plugs up, but the ceramic material can occasionally melt if there is exessive heat. Sometimes from a lean condition or driving with an ignition misfire that is dumping raw fuel. That is why a Check engine light will flash under a misfire, it is a universal warning of imminent catalyst failure (meltdown). Google it!

and we all know the internet is never wrong :google:

now really it is blockage by carbon build up and causes increased heat and starts on fire once on fire will melt the metal casing

unless he was hitting or smashing the cat with something then your idea is right with it breaking apart but the ceramic doesn't melt it burns

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Ok

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

Why'd you edit your post? And if you'd mentioned you were a mechanic in the first place you'd have more credibility.

These cars throw codes for everything, you should know that. If it was running lean, or had a blocked cat, it would code, probably for 02 sensor or something. Thanks for throwing your ideas out there, but dude, calm down.

Don't know why its doing what it is, but we're gonna get it back on the dyno and see. Also gonna swap the "cali" intake for a less restrictive one and retune for better breathing.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Continuing to troubleshoot, I think it may be belt slip. Never thought about it, but since removing the load from the alt (took out the AB750.1), it hasn't felt the same. Wish I would have thought of it when the amp was still in, so I could check for sure, full volume vs. subs turned down.

Still not certain this was the problem, but something to consider. A 270XP could kill HP 6-8%, and thats not accounting for slippage.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Why'd you edit your post?

I thought better of arguing with people on an internet forum. I learned that a long time ago, I just got sucked into it momentarily!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hit the dyno...hit the dyno...hit the dyno......until its data logged and the duty cycle percentage on the throttle body is checked you are just grabbing at a gnats ball hairs..meaning you might find something but you wont know it if you will cuz ya cant see it or feel it lol.

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.

Archived