Anybody Familiar with Ford "Fly-by-Wire" Throttle Assemblies?

So on my car, there is no throttle cable. When you push the gas pedal, a signal is sent to an actuator on the throttle body that tells it how far to open. My problem is, when I push the pedal, it feels like the throttle isn't opening completely. I know its a slow stang, but damn.

Is there a way to adjust this? I can't get the car to my mechanic until late next week.

Note: I am not getting any diagnostic codes. Just troubleshooting.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

check harnesses for corrosion would be my best guess unless something was messing with the actually signal

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

There are no adjustments on it at all. They are plug and play. Sometimes a "relearn" can be done on them.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Disconnecting the battery will clear the adaptive memory, but that likely won't give you much more throttle response. I have seen aftermarket tunes/chips that can change the throttle response. My understanding of all throttle by wire, how fast and how far you push the accelerator generates the signal that the ECU uses to determine your intention. They are generally designed to balance responsiveness with fuel economy; that's what the chips/tune change. Pedal on the floor means wide open throttle NOW!

Maybe check for deposits or buildup in the tb?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Yeah I figured it would have been. IDK my truck is wire and I have to clean it every 20-30k from the crap CA gas. I will start getting low idle codes and it idles rough, and it starts becoming noticeable, even though its already a slow pig lol.

If there is no code maybe unplug it all and let it start over, go for a good little drive.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

What about the harness on the pedal itself? maybe there is corrosion there.

1998 Mustang GT Yellow

5-Speed Manual, Cold-Air Intake, saving up for 4.10 gears in the rear-end.

(1) 12" RE Audio SRx and a ported box tuned to about 36 Hz.

(4) Memphis Audio 15-PR572V2 Coaxials

(1) Set of Rockford Fosgate Punch P1T-S tweeters

Archived