Second Skin Audio

Has anybody heard the Mtx 9500 sub?

power depends on the box

Well since MTX suggests 1.75^ft ported(IIRC) how would they sound in a 2-2.2^ft ported?

Ur best bet is to call MTX and ask them. I was going to run 9500s until I started looking at the BTLs. I called them and they said the more space the better. For a 12 they told me around 2.75-3ft3 was what I should stay around and for a 15 they said to do something like 3.5-4ft3. It says 1k rms but Ive seen 1 taking about 1300rms with my own 2 eyes and it was wanging. Ive heard tells of em taking 1400rms but I dont know,I can just say from what Ive seen 1200-1300rms is ideal for em if its tuned and the gains are set right.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

I definately would disagree with the L7's taking more of a beating.  The 9500 is "almost" indestructable, I've had a ton of L7's come back when running over rms on them.  I've run almost double rms on mine for almost a year.

BTW:  2.4 cubes, tuned to 35hz with about 40 inches of port is the hookup for a ported box for a 9512.

I definately would disagree with the L7's taking more of a beating.  The 9500 is "almost" indestructable, I've had a ton of L7's come back when running over rms on them.

BTW:  2.4 cubes, tuned to 35hz with about 40 inches of port is the hookup for a ported box for a 9512.

New model?? I have yet to hear of some one blowing any of the new models...I also know of some people throwing 1500rms to them (15"s).