Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

T2 making noise -.-


Recommended Posts

Posted

My t2 15 is making a noise that sounds like the cone and dustcap hitting and idk what to do about it. Didnt buy it from an authorized dealer (audiosavings) so rockford won't do anything about it

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

If I tap or push its fine. On any note in box or out, mid to high volume

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

If I tap or push its fine. On any note in box or out, mid to high volume

Do you have the gasket on it? I read a while back that sometimes air leaking aound the woofer can make those sounds IIRC. Also some people mistake port noise with it as well.

Posted

Didnt come with a gaskrt, just some trim ring thing and I doubt that thing will stop and airleak. It just started a couple weeks ago, it wasn't after I took the sub out and put it in and the noise started. It literally just started one day when I turned the music up

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

Pull it...

free air it.. with a sweep.....

Get your eye balls all over it (i know its hard with the RF weird O basket thing) But, watch and listen and smell....while its out....

I did that already..... sweep and music, all notes. Coil is fine, never got smelly, still wounds properly

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

What size is your box, port area, and power......

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

Posted

It could be the tinsel leads hitting the cone when the sub moves, IIRC my friend had the same problem

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1191 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...