how to properly wire 2 alternators

ok, going to do something no one seems to have done and put dual alternators on my LT1 cadillac fleetwood without losing my a/c or air pump ect.

I have 2 factory alternators bumped up putting 200 amps, only one on the car currently and 5 batteries, i have voltage drop to low 11's at full tilt, bass all the way up. so instead of adding more batteries right now, i figure ill add the second alternator...

problem i keep hearing is i need a isolator, ok, the only ones for dual alts i can find are only rated for 75 amps...

so anyone know exactly how to do this so they dont fight each other and/or burn stuff up.

Why not just add one bigger one?

and low 11's would make me spot ... but, im weird.....

^This, especially since your using factory alternators that have been modded to put out 200amps. More than likely they only put that out @ 2k, and next to nothing at idle, probably less than 100amps.

ok, going to do something no one seems to have done and put dual alternators on my LT1 cadillac fleetwood without losing my a/c or air pump ect.

I have 2 factory alternators bumped up putting 200 amps, only one on the car currently and 5 batteries, i have voltage drop to low 11's at full tilt, bass all the way up. so instead of adding more batteries right now, i figure ill add the second alternator...

problem i keep hearing is i need a isolator, ok, the only ones for dual alts i can find are only rated for 75 amps...

so anyone know exactly how to do this so they dont fight each other and/or burn stuff up.

I'm a little surprised to see this theory pop up again

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

im not getting a bigger one b/c I have tried dealing with several alternator companies and the main ones ppl ride on here wouldnt even give me the time of day by phone or email, so my money is not good enough for them, F'em

another reason why is I already have them, and they do 180 amps at 1200 rpms which i dont mind giving the car a lil gas, hell it idles around 900-1000 rpms...

Emmet, I have searched and asked, thats all I can find, just need info how to hook it up properly so nothing burns up and the batteries get charged properly.

Im upgrading everything as soon as my new subs come in and dont want any major drop like im getting now...

just the info i could find on the net, thats why im asking...i searched and searched and searched...

someone else mentioned something about connecting one alternator to the other with a jumper wire then running the 2nd to the front battery and from the from, run the stereo power wires to the back

Just want to do this once and right

ok, thats what im looking to do then...on the isolator though I was told that since the battery under the hood was close to the alternator (short wire) and the four in the back were so far away that the under hood battery would be getting most of the charge, so hooking an isolator up would help in distribute the charge evenly to all the batteries

Archived