Sundown Audio

Amplifier Strapping Modules

TheMonolith2001

Just out of curiosity are these worth messing with? One model I saw was the Hifonics MLX-100. If I understand correctly it lets you strap two amps together that don't have built in strapping capabilities. Supposedly if you have two different amps and you dial their output to match it should work if they are similar enough.

I have a ZR600 that I'm not using, just thought it would be cool to be able to strap it together with my ZR1000. Neither amp would be anywhere near it's limit because my sub is 1500w RMS max. 750w each would be easy. If it doesn't have to be matched I could really go nuts with it. Probably like 2300-2500 watts of AB power! Better beef up that electrical!

No

Dont

Please

Stop

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I know normally it is not possible. I thought the point of this module is to allow you to strap anything together. Saw a discussion about it somewhere else and was wondering if they actually knew what they where talking about. I have never heard of an amp strapping module I thought only certain amps could do it and they have to match.

Well I know normally it is not possible. I thought the point of this module is to allow you to strap anything together. Saw a discussion about it somewhere else and was wondering if they actually knew what they where talking about. I have never heard of an amp strapping module I thought only certain amps could do it and they have to match.

i have heard both good and bad about that hifonics unit, but in all honesty its been long enough ago that i dont remember any specifics. regardless though, even with that unit, i wouldnt try 2 different amp unless i knew they had the same board. i remember back in the day lots of people were strapped the soundstreams and the lanzar optidrives because they were the identical boards.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

fair enough. I don't want to risk blowing up 2 great amps. Maybe if I had some beaters I would try it just to see. I've just been looking at ways to try and get the full 1500w to my sub. Someone locally is selling a PPI 21400 Chrome Edition that is looking pretty tempting. There is also a US Amps VLX200 + some VLX400s on ebay right now that I have been drooling over. THD 0.006% :droolcup:

Archived