01 S-10 Posted March 10, 2008 Report Posted March 10, 2008 Glad to see the bigger port is working out for you. As far as your question about port size the general rule of thumb is 12-16sq. inches of port per cubic ft. of box volume. But there are too many variables to say that is perfect. Usually when your running alot of power to the subs you want to stay on the lower end of that scale. TDH FTW !!!
BFB Posted March 10, 2008 Author Report Posted March 10, 2008 Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for future builds. Here's some vids from earlier today...got more but the quality is so stripped after uploading them, they aren't worth sharing. A quickie of the 15's (mic on the camcorder doesn't really like it that loud) A little vibration on the roof This really is a daily driver (when the weather is nice) and does pretty good with regular music...
01 S-10 Posted March 11, 2008 Report Posted March 11, 2008 lmao at that sticker ''show ur ---'' those wheels look awesome on that car TDH FTW !!!
BFB Posted March 11, 2008 Author Report Posted March 11, 2008 I'm not a big fan of stickers but that one is kind of 'seasonal' - heading to Daytona in a few weeks.
BASS14 Posted March 11, 2008 Report Posted March 11, 2008 thats a nice wall!!! i love that car too.....i almost bought one awhile back but i couldnt get the guy to drop down a bit.....and those rims look sick on that car!!! i hope to put a wall in my truck sometime....with a couple 18s! Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessionsSubs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3 Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aeroMids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4 Deck-Factory IntegrationWiring-Memphis40sqft of damplifier Pro http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mheeSMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER
mbdblue Posted March 11, 2008 Report Posted March 11, 2008 nice vids man. The distance one is pretty impressive.....and x2 on the sticker haha. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
BFB Posted March 11, 2008 Author Report Posted March 11, 2008 thats a nice wall!!! i love that car too.....i almost bought one awhile back but i couldnt get the guy to drop down a bit.....and those rims look sick on that car!!! i hope to put a wall in my truck sometime....with a couple 18s! Thanks! After I lowered the car and got some good tires, it drives like an oversized gocart... I love it! I wish I had gone with 18's but I'll save that idea for the next build. nice vids man. The distance one is pretty impressive.....and x2 on the sticker haha. Thanks! I'll get a better video someday, I probably could have gone twice as far and still have been able to pick up the music clearly if it hadn't been so windy.
LoudBlazer Posted March 11, 2008 Report Posted March 11, 2008 Not bad bro. Always love a good wall build! We'll see how this wall bangs in person in a few weeks 1997 2 Door Blazer Bagged & Body Dropped SBC/TH350
banginAltima Posted March 13, 2008 Report Posted March 13, 2008 Looks good. Have you metered in yet? If not we can bring are meter and try that thing out... If you build it, db's will come... NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09). Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Currently Rebuilding.... My 150db Plus Trunk Build I do box designs. [benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs [benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs
BFB Posted March 13, 2008 Author Report Posted March 13, 2008 Looks good. Have you metered in yet? If not we can bring are meter and try that thing out... Thanks! Nope, no meter since I put the 15's in. Got a local show coming up either 4/5 or 4/12, was just going to wait for that and see how it does but if you bring a meter, I'll give it a go (as will many others I'm sure!).
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.