Sundown Audio

noob question about strapping

goldeneye4564

Current setup is two sundown 2ks on two fi btl 18s.

I have one amp running per sub (not strapped) at 1 ohm.

Both amps gain matched with DD-1.

Would I see much difference strapping the amps at 2 ohms to run both subs?

I know theoretically this sounds the same because it does... But I am just really curious lol. Do you guys mostly strap your amps? Or run one amp per sub? Opinions welcome please.

Thanks.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

The rise would be split between them so might see a little more power, but I don't think there would be much of a difference.

Only way to know is to test. Some people don't like their amps strapped and some do

This....

I have also heard some sundown amps DONT like being strapped. I recall the ninja having issues.... but, i know others have, with no issues...

So,.. Id do what ya want, and let us know..

Good luck

The rise would be split between them so might see a little more power, but I don't think there would be much of a difference.

Only way to know is to test. Some people don't like their amps strapped and some do

This....

I have also heard some sundown amps DONT like being strapped. I recall the ninja having issues.... but, i know others have, with no issues...

So,.. Id do what ya want, and let us know..

Good luck

thanks for the information guys,

I know I can make the change if I want.. BUT an old saying, "if it aint broke dont fix it", sets in with me sometimes.

I will just keep the setup the way it is now. If I do end up strapping them though I will let ya know how it works out. Thanks again.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

Wanna ride bikes?

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

Do horns get low

Dude...

IMHO, you made a great call.

You got a vid of those BTL's getting it on?

LOVE MEH SOME Fi !!!... lol

Haha. I haven't made any videos myself of the system. I was at a small local show this past Saturday and people were recording it and stuff like that. The wall still isn't fully sealed off from the rear yet. I have mad rear passenger door and trunk flex (SUPPOSE TO HAVE NONE WITH WALL F**K! LOL). But I am working on it. Work a lot and not enough time to play!

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

You can gain matchw ith dd-1? thought it wa sonly cc-1 function?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

WELL I guess I shouldn't say they are gain matched. They are both adjusted to a clean distortion-free signal.

Just hooked dd-1 into amp 1 output and adjusted gain till I saw distortion and backed it off

did the same for amp 2

is that wrong? should I have strapped them?

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

just read up on the cc-1 looks like I might be making a purchase lol!

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

WELL I guess I shouldn't say they are gain matched. They are both adjusted to a clean distortion-free signal.

Just hooked dd-1 into amp 1 output and adjusted gain till I saw distortion and backed it off

did the same for amp 2

is that wrong? should I have strapped them?

kind of....they need to be gain matched or strapped. Just because the signal is clean, they could be putting out different amount of power. If it's 2 subs in the same box with an amp on each one they need to be getting equal power

Team Flex Issues

Archived