Sundown Audio

noob question about strapping

goldeneye4564

a fucking canadian eh!

also.. maybe try both amps PER btl? lol yes. the BTL will take it no issues. i had an atomic 7k at .35 to a SINGLE UFO btl 18

back to strapping...

is it more convenient? yes, is it better? NO!

i ran my 4500s at .7 strapped for a few weeks.. but on punchy bass notes they would protect. i unstrapped the amps and wah! louder and no protect! each amp was seeing .35ea and didnt have an issue.

what i do is, DD1 all the amps, then go threw all of them with the DMM and see which has the LOWEST AC voltage, then i set the other amps to the same voltage and be done!

same goes for a bassknob. i had one.. loved it.. till it shorted out and sent 20hz full tilt ( AQ3500.1 @.5) threw an aluminum cone TC sounds sub and put a 10" ring around the sub... it was also louder without bass knob and sub stayed cooler...

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

An update for everyone in the thread,

I was doing more research last night because even after I re-adjusted the gains something still didn't seem right... The sound coming from the subs was good but looking at both of them I could definitely tell that one was definitely moving more then the other one. Now, one of them has a fresh recone (sub wasn't moving as much as the older sub)... So I swapped speaker wires to see if that might be what I am seeing and it was not (now the fresh reconed sub was moving more then the well broken in one...)

SO,

I did more research as I said and I was roaming the Sundown site and found under the FAQ section that the RCA outputs on the amps are to be only used when strapping.

"ONLY TO BE USED WHEN STRAPPING" --- Sort of makes sense seeing as on my amps it says BR OUT not RCA OUT lol..

Now, my headunit only pushes out 2.2V per preout set. I only have one sub pre out... So it would make sense to get spitters and turn that one subwoofer set into two? Right now I just took the white rca cable from the set and put it into one amp and put the red into the other amp... Then adjusted the gains again... Is this ok? I think having the splitters won't really matter or would it? Anyone?

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

a fucking canadian eh!

also.. maybe try both amps PER btl? lol yes. the BTL will take it no issues. i had an atomic 7k at .35 to a SINGLE UFO btl 18

back to strapping...

is it more convenient? yes, is it better? NO!

i ran my 4500s at .7 strapped for a few weeks.. but on punchy bass notes they would protect. i unstrapped the amps and wah! louder and no protect! each amp was seeing .35ea and didnt have an issue.

what i do is, DD1 all the amps, then go threw all of them with the DMM and see which has the LOWEST AC voltage, then i set the other amps to the same voltage and be done!

same goes for a bassknob. i had one.. loved it.. till it shorted out and sent 20hz full tilt ( AQ3500.1 @.5) threw an aluminum cone TC sounds sub and put a 10" ring around the sub... it was also louder without bass knob and sub stayed cooler...

HAHA YES YOU TOO I SEE? HOW COME YOU WERENT AT THE BORDERTOWN SHOWDOWN IN FORT ERIE THIS LAST SATURDAY????? MY BUDDY WAS SAYING YOU GOTTA SEE THE TWINS WITH THIS TRUCK THEY HAVE LIKE 16 10s (now I see it is 12 ... BUT DAMN)...

and for what you said about the dd-1 and dmm, I just did that EXACTLY when I came home from work.

AND I also unplugged my bass knob because it was sounding a bit choppy and the subs would distort more with it....

I need to see your truck man...

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

Wanna ride bikes?

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

Do horns get low

great thread...

I really appreciate the help from everyone here. Never would have thought I would be able to flex a cop car but OH YES. Need a shit ton of damplifier now lol!

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

FYI theres another team asshole vehicle with 16 10s too Lol

hahahaha i remember what my buddy said now,

thats daryl right?

haha hes a funny guy

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

2 Ohms is more efficient than 1 ohm.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

2 Ohms is more efficient than 1 ohm.

What's the difference between two amps wired at 1 ohm a piece and two amps wired at 2 ohms strapped?

Survey says?

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

Well, the way I see it. It is like when I wired my old amp to bridged 4ohms to 2 channels, then wired each down to 2 ohms on their own channel. Bridged it seen the same power as unbridged but since the ohm load was higher, my amp got less hot and actually sounded a tad better. While keeping the same loudness. Just my. 02

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm