Sundown Audio

(solved)for unknown reason orion sub putting amp into protect mode.

Terry Lee

Try setting your gain at about 25%. Set the xover to a guesstimated 80hz. And put the bass boost at 50%.

Bad advice is bad. Gain position is different for everyone, and bass boost needs to be completely off.

I know that but obviously he said it was at max so turning it down halfway could point him in the right direction of why its not playing.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

i took the sub out of the casing piece, being a hcca 102 its fully replaceable. well i tested ohms again once i had it out, each side is testing 3, so bad voice coil. thanks for all the help guys.

the cheapest replacement part i can find for the speaker and voice coil is 160 dollars free shipping, i do alot of tech work myself, ive heard of redoing voice coils by yourself, but if anyone doesnt mind answering, would it be worth the time? and if so where would i buy this voice coil? cuz i looked around and couldnt find anything. appreciate all your help once again fellas.

I don't think the voice coil is the issue. Did you try turning the gain and bass boost down

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

i took the sub out of the casing piece, being a hcca 102 its fully replaceable. well i tested ohms again once i had it out, each side is testing 3, so bad voice coil. thanks for all the help guys.

the cheapest replacement part i can find for the speaker and voice coil is 160 dollars free shipping, i do alot of tech work myself, ive heard of redoing voice coils by yourself, but if anyone doesnt mind answering, would it be worth the time? and if so where would i buy this voice coil? cuz i looked around and couldnt find anything. appreciate all your help once again fellas.

3 ohms per coil on a dual 2 ohm woofer is acceptable. your dmm may have internal resistance in it too. you can find this out by touching the two leads together and if a number shows up on the screen, that is the resistance that will get added to everything you measure

just try turning the friggin bass boost and gain down like we said 9001 times.

3 ohms per coil on a dual 2 ohm woofer is acceptable. your dmm may have internal resistance in it too. you can find this out by touching the two leads together and if a number shows up on the screen, that is the resistance that will get added to everything you measure

i turned the bass boost off, and i have the xover at 50 pct. and the gain at about 30 pct. when the sub really starts to hit notes it still does the same thing.... so im at a loss

i could hook the sub up at 2 ohms on my other amp. that may change things, since i obviously havent tried it. any thoughts?

i turned the bass boost off, and i have the xover at 50 pct. and the gain at about 30 pct. when the sub really starts to hit notes it still does the same thing.... so im at a loss

did you check voltage at the amp when this problem occurs like i said?

btw just take a picture and post it here of the knobs on the side of the amp.

edit: and some headunits come with bassboost on by default. turn that off. same with "loud" on the headunit and any other equalization.

edit: and some headunits come with bassboost on by default. turn that off. same with "loud" on the headunit and any other equalization.

i did nto check voltage on the amp, i thought it was irrelevant since both amps do this, yet the other amp is not 1 ohm stable, so maybe i should do this. ill take a pic and have it posted soon. im not doing anything today. parades dont really excite me.

i did nto check voltage on the amp, i thought it was irrelevant since both amps do this, yet the other amp is not 1 ohm stable, so maybe i should do this. ill take a pic and have it posted soon. im not doing anything today. parades dont really excite me.

if both amps receive poor voltage from your cars electrical system, then both amps will have problems.

Also. You can't wire a dual 2 ohm sub to 2 ohms, only 1 or 4.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

sounds like an electrical issue, perhaps. If the power wires are connected poorly, i.e. loose or dirty, as well as too small to supply the needed amperage the voltage will drop to supply the amperage to the load. voltage drop = protect mode on some amps. as well as input and output overload. i suggest running a test tone and observing voltage at the amp POWER connections while raising the volume..... you first may want to match the gain of the amp to the output of your head unit. or have someone more experienced (with a dd-1 perhaps) assist you with that.

2007 VW City Golf

Lanzar SNV695N H/U (That's right lol)

PPI BK1800.1D

PPI BK800.4

2 - 12" Alpine Type R (1241)

2 Sets RF T2 Components

Stinger PRO 1/0

Coming Soon

320A Mechman Billettech

4 XS D4700 (1 Front, 3 Rear)

Coming Later....Much Later

2 - AA SMD 15s (or 18s if I can fit a box)

3 more - PPI BK1800.1d

MORE XS

MORE COPPER

MORE EARPLUGS

Archived