Second Skin Audio

Budget 15" Sub for Budget Build

Fs means jack shit on how low a woofer can play. no idea why you're basing your woofer purchase on something with so little meaning. AQ woofers have a stupid high Fs yet the lows are ridiculous.

Obsidians are no hoe...I am running my single 18 on a DC 1.2k @2ohm and it sounds as loud as my DC level 3 18 did on the same amp @1ohm....

honestly people here telling you not to bother with the 6th order is not them being assholes, they are trying to help you avoid the headache that comes with dialing in a 6th to perform

I would just go with the OA's in a ported box tuned around 30ish or do a 4th tuned to your resonant frequency and by done with it...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

John now you got me second guessing myself xD anyways.. Comparing the 15's to teh 18's... If you take SD x 2Xmax then,, 4 15"= 13969 cm.... 3 18's = 19869... now take waters Psi conversion and you get 256 psi @ Port not taking into account port area, or with the 3 18's you get 516. leading me to believe the 18's although less cone area would produce more air displacment than 4 15's someone tell me if im close or no? looking at Obsidian Audio subs T/S specs

The OA look way beefier, basket and motor wise, than the soundqued, ( i have 4-15s OA) rofl2.gif.pagespeed.ce.hoBd-vUL7b.gif. and the funking audio subs are posted at $189 a piece on the website.

87' Astro Van (build in progress) (slowly)HU: Kenwood BT952HDAmps: BB2400.1(2), BB150.4Subs: Obsidian Audio 15 D2 V2 (4)Mids/Highs: Pioneer TSD 1602RWires: Sky High Car Audio/Audio Technics

The OA look way beefier, basket and motor wise, than the soundqued, ( i have 4-15s OA) rofl2.gif.pagespeed.ce.hoBd-vUL7b.gif. and the funking audio subs are posted at $189 a piece on the website.

the oa 15s are a tad beefer but audioques subs are bad ass. I probly would go obsidian 15s tho. They make a very well built sub IMO . Takes alot if power too. And does good on low power as well. I've owned both an it's a tough call for sure .

I won't go in to details but I wAs not impressed by oa 18s. There 12s and 15s are no joke tho. I've been abusing some of the v1 12s for nearly a year now an still haven't needing recones yet. Still stiff and takes alot of power .

Fs means jack shit on how low a woofer can play. no idea why you're basing your woofer purchase on something with so little meaning. AQ woofers have a stupid high Fs yet the lows are ridiculous.

and you don't need to tune low for them to go low ether. Next build I'm going soundqubed again

Archived