80prs now in active mode

the 80 prs has a built in x-over network. it allows me to set the x-over points myself. the punch pro tweets do have built in x-overs though.

with this deck set it network mode it changes the rca outputs from front rear sub to high mid low. so the high(front) goes to the front channel input on the 4channel amp, the mid(rear) rca's go to the rear channel input on the 4 channel amp and the low(sub) rca's go to the sub amp as everyone should have been able to guess..

do a google search on active crossover networks and do some readin. active networks give you a lot more control over your speakers then passive x-overs.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

as an update, havent played with it much of any... i have had the kids with me and so i really havent had the time.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

the 80 prs has a built in x-over network. it allows me to set the x-over points myself. the punch pro tweets do have built in x-overs though.

with this deck set it network mode it changes the rca outputs from front rear sub to high mid low. so the high(front) goes to the front channel input on the 4channel amp, the mid(rear) rca's go to the rear channel input on the 4 channel amp and the low(sub) rca's go to the sub amp as everyone should have been able to guess..

do a google search on active crossover networks and do some readin. active networks give you a lot more control over your speakers then passive x-overs.

Actually i am pretty sure from top to bottom it is mid/high/low so your highs go to rear, mids to front, and subs to sub.

edit:

Actually i am certain of it. So if you don;t have it that way that might be why your mids don't sound right.

That answers my question. I have been doing a lot of reading on this subject and it has been quite frustrating and I am avoiding making new threads. There is such thing as a dumb question on here. Lol

yeah i wasnt sure how the rca's went on the back but i do have them set up right. when i first put it all together i did do the mid and highs backwards but i noticed it right away.

my mids sound a lot better then they did. im lacking in the midbass (60-80hz mostly) department though. the speakers just cant play into that range good enough. im gonna have to do an 8" sub in the front doors or kicks to fix that.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

There Pro Audio speakers, they don't play well in that range like most . T2652s play down to 50 hz ok but shine at 60-80. Cant wait to here how the T3652s sound on 150 watts each. The 80-PRS is a great HU for its ability to tune. One of the best for its price range, I think I paid $230 for mine, best buy I have made on HUs.

I like the post. So active sounds much better, or is mainly more fun because there are more detailed settings? I have been pondering this, although I only have the one set of components and wouldn't have any rear fill. How do you have your setup? Just a front stage?

Also, my -2 db on my RF crossover just bit the dust so now I have my passenger side at 0 db and my driver side at -2 db because the tweeters are a little harsh...but since this happened TODAY...I am seriously debating on going active with just my one set of T1652-S on all 4 channels of my T600-4. Tweeters might not like that so much however..

'98 Chrysler Concorde LXi
Pioneer DEH-80PRS (HU/processing)
Rockford Fosgate T1652-S (components) for front
Rockford Fosgate T1693 (6x9s) for rear
Rockford Fosgate T600-4 running those
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP running a

Rockford Fosgate T1D215 15"
in a 3.1 cu ft. net tuned to 34 hz (firing in cabin)
Kicker PKD1 (0 & 4 AWG)
stock 130 amp alt for now; One yellow top Optima
Installed everything myself & built box (brother helped)

Used a DD-1 to set gains.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165894-first-build-accumulated-since-i-was-14/

Just Pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1463-chrysler-concorde-lxi/?tab=images

I thought the t2's had trouble below 120hz, may have been an issue with my install. Thats why i am going with some mid-bass drivers and switching to the t1's for the silks. Going to run active too. I guess i will see if the 16 band e.q. is enough to get the job done.

I have question... sorry for thread jack.... the mids and tweets are on separate channels and the rcas are in right but the high hpf doesn't cross my tweets

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Actives the shit guys, way more control of your speakers and how they sound. My door are super sealed and sound deadened with acoustic foam. I really took the time to do it right and it made a huge difference in quality. The 16 band eq & being able to mute each channel to tune is awesome. I split the signals to run 2 T400-4s for front and rear doors for rear fill. TA'd for the front and the rear fill sound good as well. My next upgrade will be to add a T400-2 to run the T365 comps and use a channel from the T400-4 for T2s in the kicks. Not needed but I still want to try it. The video doesn't do the system justice, just shows how loud it can get. It was taken before any tuning was done.

Archived