Sundown Audio

Amp Going Into Thermal Protect

TITUS1985

it might just be too hot? i know when i touch my amps first thing in the morning they r pretty hot just from sittin on the sun and i got limo all around fans definitely come in handy

Current Setup: , 2 Fi sp4 18s in a big ass flat wall tuned to 23hz, Pioneer 80prs, 2 Digital Designs m3bs strapped @ 2 ohms, Banda ICE2000, Crescendo 800.4, 4 PRV 10MR1000s,4 Mclaren MLT300 Super Tweeters Kinetik 2000 XS Power 2700 & XS Power 3100s.

I've got the amp on top of my box (I know it's not the best place but when you have 2 12's everywhere shakes) anyway the sides of the amp all have great breathing room the top of the amp is about 1 1/2 inches away from the trunk lid and the bottom is raised off the box about 1/2 an inch. It's also been 95+ degrees everyday and I can't even imagine how hot the trunk gets. I want to move my amp to the back of the seat to see if that will help I just don't have the resources to do it myself and I'm not going to pay a local shop to do something I know I can easily do if I had the correct tools.

could be to close to the trunk lid amps radiate heat up not the sides ... test it with the trunk open and see if it goes into protect

So you put your subs on channels A and B? The sub out put on the 5.1k is Channel C. Your mids and highs should be on A and B not your sub.

No the subs are on the C channel, the 3 ways are on the B channel and the 2 ways are on the A channel.

And darkjds, yeah my amp is warm before I even turn it on most days ... I was driving home one day at like 1:30 in the morning and when I checked it when I got home it was just barely warm .. so it's the heat around the trunk and in the trunk working against my amp at this point sadly

• 2 weeks later...

well I'm sad to report but my Audison Amp was bad :( ... thankfully the store that I bought it from is giving me in store credit! So I've decided to go with a two amp set up this time; has anyone on here had experience with the Hertz HDP line of amps? I'm thinking of going with those because they're all digital and shouldn't suck too much power from my electrical, while still giving me pretty good sound quality. Anyway thanks again for all the help guys!

sorry to hear that, as for Hertz amp, Audison is the parent company for Hertz so their pretty much the same

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Archived