Retrofitting and BiXenon Projectors

the retrofit source is a good place to get everything. the guys there are really helpful too.

also just thought of this, but getting something like this:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

will be a LOT easier to do as the projector fits in the bulb housing. fitting and mounting the projector in is half the battle. i have the FX-R projectors and fitting those compared to the ones i linked is a whole different battle

same ones I have only the 6.0 version. They are extremely easy to work with. no need for any cutting or anything.

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds

8-XS Power D3100

3-Iraggi 300 amp Alternators

Subwoofers

4-SQ Hdc3 15" Subwoofers

(Soon to be 4 15" Ct Sounds EXO)

well those are the ones I am looking at now. That sure is more reassuring that I won't have do much cutting. I just wish they had 8k bulbs, but hopefully I will still get the color I want since they will be in projectors now. Too bad the halos have to be an extra 50. That is one thing I liked on the other kit

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

remember what I said about halos though, you can't get them to be halos for during daytime and then halo and hid during nighttime driving without adding a switch and some wiring. You will always have halos and hid's by tapping into the stock wires for your headlights which to me are pointless. I would only get halos if I were to use them with DRL lights like we talked about on FB otherwise I would just stick to plain HID projectors with no halos for a setup like mine where I disabled the DRL's.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I have two positions on my switch for lights. First click turns on the orange lights/side marker lights and rear running lights but not headlights, second click turns everything on including headlights. If I were to tap into the wire that turns on the side marker lights for the halos, they would be on with the orange lights wouldn't they?

Either way, will probably just be projectors anyways. But I was still wondering for reference.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

^^ correct. That's how it works on my car anyway.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Ohh yeah good call, I didn't even think to run it for the running lights. Yeah you can tap into the +12v feed for your constant +12v running light circuit. Just make sure you get the right wire and don't grab the wire that gets +12v when the turn signals are on, the last thing you need is the halo flashing with your signals lmao.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Ohh yeah good call, I didn't even think to run it for the running lights. Yeah you can tap into the +12v feed for your constant +12v running light circuit. Just make sure you get the right wire and don't grab the wire that gets +12v when the turn signals are on, the last thing you need is the halo flashing with your signals lmao.

thats actually how those porsche and audi's are wired, but with the switchback affect. white to orange. Looks cool in that instance, but never saw halos with the switchback.

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds

8-XS Power D3100

3-Iraggi 300 amp Alternators

Subwoofers

4-SQ Hdc3 15" Subwoofers

(Soon to be 4 15" Ct Sounds EXO)

Switchback led's are the shiznit. I saw someone online with an envoy that had switchback led's for the turn signals in the front lights. Normally they were white then they would turn orange when the signals were on. Totally awesome

Archived