Sundown Audio

anyone else notice this? nendo bc2000 and bc3500 d's

purplesyrup

My bc3500d runs cold, you can go full tilt for hours and it barely gets warm running at 1 ohm.

the bc2000d we put in the infinity runs very hot. I mean this thing heats up almost instantly.

Anyone else running the bc2000 notice this?

Its running at 1 ohm as well. Gains are set to where we cant even clip it a full tilt, so in other words set conservatively for sub break in period.

just figured I'd get some feed back, thought it was odd how hot it runs compared to the bc3500d

XS-power1.jpg

Different impedance rise. One could be at a lower reactive ohm load through out a verity of frequencies.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

There is such thing as a sub break in period ? :unknw:

:ninja:

It's where you play it full tilt like you normally would and it loosens up after a little bit and eventually plays a bit louder and lower.

People who take it easy on their subs for break in make me giggle. Beat that mother effer like a red headed step child, they will get with the program

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

There is such thing as a sub break in period ? :unknw:

It's where you play it full tilt like you normally would and it loosens up after a little bit and eventually plays a bit louder and lower.

People who take it easy on their subs for break in make me giggle. Beat that mother effer like a red headed step child, they will get with the program

Thanks for the clarification but I already knew that. I was being a smart-ass and you just killed it for me :(

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

I don't think my bc2000 has ever gotten much hotter than ambient temps. 1ohm , voltage never dropping below 14.2

I always fold my back seats down and when i get home to put them back up, i always feel the amp and the dustcap on my sub( dunno why, ocd kicking in i guess) lol. After going full tilt for hours , it's barely warm.

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

Archived