Sonic Electronix

which fuse is it popping? the charge line running from the front batt to the rear batt?

or the line going to the amp itself?

0 gauge is expensive? man you're in the wrong hobby if you think that $3.50 a foot wire is expensive.

yes its just one go to the amp from the second battery.

can no one read these days?

its TOO EXPENSIVE TO HAVE IT INSTALLED FOR ME! i dont have the tools to do it right now so ive been getting my stuff done by my local audio shop they want to charge me 400 dollars to upgrade my wiring. cuz they charge 90/hr

I'm not sure what that is skulls, cant read it. But, I belive you figure about 50% duty cycle on "D" amps, so two 90amp fuses on music should be around 90amps. 4ga is good to 140amps. I agree though, bigger wire would be better.

Run some 1/0 to a distro block and 4ga to each amp.

But you have one amp wired to 1ohm and the other to 2ohm. That amp should do the same power at 1ohm as it does at 2ohm. Suppose to do 900 watts at 2ohms and 1ohm.

both are wired to two ohms, i just have each of the 4ohm subs wired seperatly so they both pull a 2ohm load. (i used sonic electronix wiring guide on youtube for that)

You cant wire two d4 subs to 2 ohms.

no offense but i have said this now for the third time, sonic electronix shows how to wire ONE 4ohm sub to 2 ohms, SO i wired both separately(NOT TOGETHER) so they both have a 2ohm load. i already knew i couldnt wire it to two

you know if you wire 2 subs separately to a monoblock, the ohm load gets halved? two sets of speaker terminals on a monoblock doesn't make it a 2 channel.

2 ohms on one set of + - on the monoblock, and 2 ohms on the other set of + - makes the amp see 1 ohm.

those kenwood amps cannot handle 1 ohm to save their lives.

oh okay, i did not know that. i was told otherwise. but i will wire them back to 4 and see if that was the problem.

which fuse is it popping? the charge line running from the front batt to the rear batt?

0 gauge is expensive? man you're in the wrong hobby if you think that $3.50 a foot wire is expensive.

its TOO EXPENSIVE TO HAVE IT INSTALLED FOR ME! i dont have the tools to do it right now so ive been getting my stuff done by my local audio shop they want to charge me 400 dollars to upgrade my wiring. cuz they charge 90/hr

for 200 you can do it yourself and buy the tools and wire

yeah i guess that would be the most viable option but for the first time doing it i really dont want to mess anything up

LOLOLOL $400? what a fucking rip off! im baffled.

literally all you need is a 0 gauge crimp tool, or a butane torch and some solder. spend $50 one time in materials and you can do it all day long, provided you have wire to affix lugs to. literally that's all you need for running wire. maybe some screwdrivers if for some reason you don't have one.

well, first thing you do is go buy a digital multi meter and find out what you are wire to on those D2 subs and check the d4's while you are at it. Pay attention to kranny.

What is more expensive, wire or two amps, or worse, you vehicle when it burns down?

You have one amp, with the d4 subs, wired at 1ohm or it is at 4ohm. i can't say cause you don't even understand how your amps work. You don;t even know for certain of the amp with the d2 subs is wired at 2ohm or .5.

You need to get those issues worked out, at least run a second 4ga wire and be careful

is that amp with the Dual 4 ohm subs popping or is the amp with the Dual 2 ohm subs popping? sounds like you are wired to .5 ohms or 1 ohm on an amp that is not rated to do that. I think before you start telling us you know how to do it and that SONIC electronics is always right and you cant possibly be wrong, you should check your wiring.

im 95% sure at this moment your amp is wired too low and you are trying to draw too much current and those fuses are saving your amp from failure and your shit from catching fire.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Best thing you can do is to youtube the big 3 and see how they all do it and just replace what you have with bigger wire exactly the way it is done now but with the larger 1/0 wire, you can either have the ends of the wire crimped for you or you can buy a crimper and do it yourself. Learning to do these things yourself will save you a ton of money and get you to learn and enjoy the hobby much more.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

also, who told you otherwise that putting 2 ohms on each set of speaker terminals on a monoblock will yield 4 ohms instead of 1? please dont tell me that shop told you that. if so, stop giving them business.

Archived