ok im really pissed, been trying to figure out this damn 360 thing for a while. to tell the whole story(or skip to the video for the quick summary) my initial 360 that i bought ages ago around the time it came out was working perfectly fine till lightning hit my house and went through the phone lines and since i have dsl it went through my router and shot everything that went through my router. so the network card on the 360 fried and i called them to replace it. they said sure after like an hour on the phone with some chinese person who could barely speak english. i shipped it to them waited a month then got my replacement 360. i was all happy and shit plugged everything in and everything worked and it connected to the internet when i powered it on so then i said sweet and tried to connect my 360 controller to it. tried everything the 360 itself wasnt accepting anything to connect to it... tried both of my controllers and nothing, so i called them up again and then i had to speak to some mexican guy who i could barely understand either for bout an hour and he tried walking me through it with no luck so he apologized that sent me a shitty xbox and said he was sending me a shipping box in 4-10 business days. well a month passed no shipping box so i called them up and they said the order wasnt processed so id have to redo a whole new order or whatever i said sure wasted more of my time on their phone with their outsourced employees. so like a week later i got the shipping box finally so i sent out the replacement xbox they gave me and a month later they give me a replacement for the replacement. i boot it up did everything and well SAME EXACT FUCKING PROBLEM AS THE FIRST REPLACEMENT. maybe im a complete idiot who doesnt know how to connect a controller. i dunno i made a video of exactly what im doing maybe someone can point out a problem they see im willing to try anything now.

th_360.jpg

im kinda pissed now im going to have to get a replacement of a replacement of a replacement and ive been 360 less for a good half a year now. also pissed cause when i got the 360 at my door i got all happy and went out and bought cod4 for it before i hooked it up which was a stupid mistake on my part considering the pos doesnt work. was not expecting to get a broken replacement of a replacement. watch the video and tell me if im doing anything wrong cause i cant think of anything unless theres some magical switch im not seeing.

Edited by Amalan

*cough cough PS3 ftw cough* :D jp man...that does suck tho. i hate foreign customer service that you cannot hear at all. paypal is the same way and they dont even give direct answers. like they're reading it from a script :(

yeah i bought time crisis 4 for ps3 and im hooked on that game for a bit. its like advanced duck hunt lol its pretty sweet.

why dont you use a play n charge kit or wired usb controller til you can figure it out.

that doesnt make it wired all that does is charge it while playing wirelessly. im using mine at my desk connected to my desktop usb port to charge while im playing.

im going to call them up and bitch about it again

Have u tried to turn the system on with the controller? Thats how I turn mine on, and if that doesnt work then I have no clue, but in ur video it didnt look like u tried that

2000 Chevy Blazer

ALT. - Mechman 270amp

DECK - Pioneer DEH-P4000UB

INTERIOR - Infinity Reference 6020cs

INT. AMP - RF P400-4

SUBS - 2 15" RF Punch P3s

SUB AMP - RF T1000-1bd

REAR BATT. - Stinger SPP1200

Just a lil sum sum to get me back in the game!!

are you sure they didnt send you back the same unit (ie, your current replacement is definitely NOT the first replacement they sent you)?

If it is definitely a different unit, I'd try taking the controller to a gamestop or someplace and asking them if you can test it with thier demo consoles just to make sure there is nothing wrong with the controllers (and verify your process for hooking up the controller). if it works there, and its two broken units in a row, demand to speak to a supervisor straight away and you should be able to get some kind of compensation for this nonsense...

yeah i bought time crisis 4 for ps3 and im hooked on that game for a bit. its like advanced duck hunt lol its pretty sweet.

that doesnt make it wired all that does is charge it while playing wirelessly. im using mine at my desk connected to my desktop usb port to charge while im playing.

im going to call them up and bitch about it again

yes it does make it wired, i lost my rechargeable batter on mine and used my play and charge cord to just use it as a wired controller for 4 months.

Have u tried to turn the system on with the controller? Thats how I turn mine on, and if that doesnt work then I have no clue, but in ur video it didnt look like u tried that

itll only turn on the system if its connected to the system.

are you sure they didnt send you back the same unit (ie, your current replacement is definitely NOT the first replacement they sent you)?

If it is definitely a different unit, I'd try taking the controller to a gamestop or someplace and asking them if you can test it with thier demo consoles just to make sure there is nothing wrong with the controllers (and verify your process for hooking up the controller). if it works there, and its two broken units in a row, demand to speak to a supervisor straight away and you should be able to get some kind of compensation for this nonsense...

now that you mention it i think they jsut slapped on a new face plate on the replacement cause the serial number looks familiar my face plate just had the usb cover broken off this one just looks new. pretty sure nothing is wrong with the controller cause i cant even get the 360 to even try to search for a controller. if it tried to look for a controller and it didnt connect then it would probably be an issue with the controllers. im going to ask them what the serial number was for the replacement unit i sent it and see if it matches then call them dipshits for thinking slapping on a new face plate would fix a hardware problem.

yes it does make it wired, i lost my rechargeable batter on mine and used my play and charge cord to just use it as a wired controller for 4 months.

take out your battery plug it into your laptop or something with a usb port and try playing cause itll work. all its doing is running power of the usb port to charge or run the controller in your case. its still wireless but its being powered thru the usb port.

Just use the play and charge to register the controller.

then unplug it from the 360..

Same thing is wrong with my neighbors elite..

he used a play and charge to register it and it worked wirelessly ever since.

Glad my first gen 360 has no probs, knock on wood

razor5070.png