HOW BIG OF A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 5% AND LIMO TINT?

Moreno93

my car has the two doors, rear hatch, and the strip with 5%, not gonna lie, backing up at night is a pain in the ass, driving in general at night is kinda frustrating, I normally keep my windows down at night. With all windows up car parked I can't see inside it at all unless I look through the windshield and I can still barely see anything in the car.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Main reason for the tint is so no one can see in. Sadly i'll be losing my spot in the garage when my mom gets her new car. People have already tried stealing my truck before. Also plan on adding better & louder alarm.

It depends what time of day it is, where the light is shining on your truck, or how big of a flashlight someone may have. Do 3% if you can get it done. My girls truck has 5% all around and at night you can't see into the truck at all, and during the day, you have to have your face up against the window to see anything. Otherwise you just hardly see silhouettes.

From the front of the truck they really cant see anything. Not my headunit or my box that was in there before.. So front's not really a issue. Just the side and the back. Amps are Always behind my back seat which would have to be pulled out, and then the amps unscrewed to get them. The box is abnormal and a pain in the ass to move by myself. plus would be even harder to fit into a car lol.

5% IS LIMO TINT. 3, 5, and 7% are limo grade shades. So you are asking one in the same question.

This ^

Personally I run 0% and 5% on the car and double layer 5% on the truck..I have a video somewhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aroWgNldSyY

my car has the two doors, rear hatch, and the strip with 5%, not gonna lie, backing up at night is a pain in the ass, driving in general at night is kinda frustrating, I normally keep my windows down at night. With all windows up car parked I can't see inside it at all unless I look through the windshield and I can still barely see anything in the car.

During the day, i usually drive with my windows up.. Starting to stop that now though. And thats why i plan on adding LED's to my back up lights. Eventually a camera back there would be ideal though!

Might want to try adding LED's if you have bulbs they should help. Friend did it.

5% IS LIMO TINT. 3, 5, and 7% are limo grade shades. So you are asking one in the same question.

This ^

Personally I run 0% and 5% on the car and double layer 5% on the truck..I have a video somewhere...

I watched that video a while ago and was like DA FUQ how does he see lol. I couldn't remember who it was though. I think i'll stick with 5%

I had 2.5 over 2.5 percent in my bmw and u couldn't see in, u could just barely c out that bitch....It was dark as fuckkkkkkk but I loved that shit....I love the feeling of riding down the road and looking over at someone trying to look to c whos in the car....Lmao

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

I have a coupe (Mitsu 3000GT) with the strip & front windows 15% and the back 3 "windows" 5%. My interior is charcoal (essentially black) You cant see in through the back.. no matter what. You can "cup" your hands in broad daylight.. and no dice.

For the fronts, I drive with them cracked like 2". You cant see in if youre more than 3-4 feet away during the day. With the car all sealed up, its even harder to see in. However, if you cup your hands, you can see in... even at night. I couldnt imagine driving with the fronts at 5% also.. Would seem like a nightmare.

I give Carbon props.. Hesgot 1/4% on that truck.. yes .25%... Gawd damn

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

This ^

I watched that video a while ago and was like DA FUQ how does he see lol. I couldn't remember who it was though. I think i'll stick with 5%

LOLOL Thats my truck man

Archived