Hey guys, just got done trying to set up a Alpine MRV-F300 which is Alpines "mid-grade" 4 channel Class D.

HU= older Pioneer but no clipping until MAX volume was hit.

When I was agjusting the gain, I couldn't even nudge it off of minimum without the DD-1 showing clipping/distortion.

Is this a common thing with the Class D full range amps now? I also tried a couple other full range Class D amps and still the same result.

I then tried it on my T4000 Fosgate amp and it worked perfect so its not the DD-1...

Try turning down the head unit a tad and try again

class d amps are less efficient than other types. they also hit 1% distortion faster, so busy mess around with the amps. also do what snowdrifter said. you sure your using the rights tone tracks too?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Using the 1k HZ with -5db

I have been turnig down the radio and then tuning the gain but haven't had this problem until these Class Ds.

Not to mention its rough when custy's turn their system up to max even when I tell them to not turn it past ** number or else your speakers will blow

So basically just expect this with the full range class D?