Second Skin Audio

Enclosure port noise please help

vw passat

Look at your dimensions. 3.586in for the port width. Are you on the metric system and using a conversion or something?

Ahhhh ok. Never mind then

For If you are playing in the high 20s, you want to tune closer to 30hz. That will give you the low end extension you are looking for.

Doubtful

Is this for metering purposes or for musical purposes?

If you are tuned at 40, anything below 30ish is just air flowing in and out of a tube.

If you have port noise above 37-38 Hz, then complain.

Without knowing what sub you are running, it is impossible to know if you have enough port area.

And the last point - port area does NOT determine how much bandwidth you get, unless the port is so small that it changes the linear operation of the port at high volume.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

http://www.spldynamics.fi/products/subwoofers/XTR-series/xtr-380d2s-e.html

this is my sub and yes that is my problem that anything below 30ish is just air flowing in and out of a tube.

and i dont have port noise at 37-38hz

Man, There is only so much you can do tuned that high. I had a box for 2 15's tuned to 39hz and the Lows were terrible and created a "port noise" sound because anything in the low 30's was way below tuning. At the end of the day, I got rid of it because it was not going to get any better without some alteration.

Archived