4 channel gets hot

kadrek

I have this amp , http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-Kac-8405-720-Watt-2-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B0038FNIBW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374440124&sr=8-1&keywords=kenwood+720+watt , running these speakers, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018CSPCE/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019G2HA0/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I have this amp, http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-Kac-8105D-1000-Watt-Class-Amplifier/dp/B0038FHHHS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1374440231&sr=1-1&keywords=kenwood+1000 running a SA-12 @ 2 ohms.

The 4 channel amp gets hot even with the built in fans and the mono amp hardly even gets warm without any built in fans. Why is this?

Also, the 500rms from that amp isn't really enough power for the SA-12 is it? What amp would be a good match with it under $200?

Thanks in advance.

Simple ... Your 4 channel is working harder than your sub amp producing power to play all bandwidth frequiencies where as your sub amp only has to produce power for 70 htz and below ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

How do you have those mids wired?

& 500rms is plenty for a 600rms sub , you won't really notice the 100w difference.

I just ran wires directly from the outputs on the amp to each of the speakers. I don't know how to say it haha, just like directly from the amp to the speakers. So there are 4 sets of wires total.

Simple ... Your 4 channel is working harder than your sub amp producing power to play all bandwidth frequiencies where as your sub amp only has to produce power for 70 htz and below ...

That makes sense. It just seems weird that it produces less power and it still gets a lot hotter.

Your bass amp has one power supply for a mono channel output, where as your 4 channel has one power supply that feeds 4 independent channels ... And trying to make power for 20 to 20k frequiencies ...

Main reason why I do not use 4 channel amplifiers ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

class a/b amps are less efficient than class D amps.

class d........100 watts in....90 watts out....

class ab.....100 watts in....60 watts out.

Where is all of the lost power? HEAT.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

class a/b amps are less efficient than class D amps.

Maybe for the average overseas class A/B amps built today ... But definately not all of them !!!

I have two class D amps for my system and the full range still gets hotter than the sub amp. Resistance is higher at different frequency's.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived