Second Skin Audio

box suggestion for 02 Tahoe with 4 Fi sp4 18's and DC 9k

Fuzzy336

So im about to completely rebuild my tahoe, I want to run 4 Fi sp4 18's on a DC 9k amp. I currently have a mechman 270 amp alt, and im about to get 3 XS power D3100's, I under the hood, 2 in the trunk. I'm going to do either 2 or 3 runs of 0 awg from hood to trunk, and power the 4 Fi sp4 18's with a DC 9k amp. So here is my question, when I design my new box, should I build a box like Steves, 4 18's up, port back, or a basic wall, all 4 18s forwards and port forwards, or a 4th order or 6th order bandpass? what are the pro's and cons to each of the 4 box designs, where would each box perform the best and the worst? I want to build this to compete is local SPL competitions, so I want to do everything right to get the best numbers I can while still making the box sound good for daily driving, any and all input is greatly appreciated, please help me make my tahoe the absolute best it can possibly be!

And, just to recap everything, I currently have a mechman 270 amp alt, kenwood excelon headunit, Big 3 upgrade, and like 65-70 ft of 0 awg sitting beside me. I plan on buying 3 xs power D3100's, 4 Fi sp4 18's fully loaded, and a Dc audio 9k amp. Are there any other things that I should buy such as a 2nd alt or other things related to powering the system Im working on building? And the main question itself, which of the 4 boxes should I build to use for competing while still sounding good for a daily driver? what are the pro's and cons of all 4 designs?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me. Im open to all comments, criticism and suggestions, and please excuse me if I said the same thing more than once, I'm pretty tired haha.

My Youtube Channel

Trying to guess the SPL of a system with out a meter is like trying to guess how much air pressure is in a compressor tank just by letting some of the air out.

...Seems like 90 psi...

So im about to completely rebuild my tahoe, I want to run 4 Fi sp4 18's on a DC 9k amp. I currently have a mechman 270 amp alt, and im about to get 3 XS power D3100's, I under the hood, 2 in the trunk. I'm going to do either 2 or 3 runs of 0 awg from hood to trunk, and power the 4 Fi sp4 18's with a DC 9k amp. So here is my question, when I design my new box, should I build a box like Steves, 4 18's up, port back, or a basic wall, all 4 18s forwards and port forwards, or a 4th order or 6th order bandpass? what are the pro's and cons to each of the 4 box designs, where would each box perform the best and the worst? I want to build this to compete is local SPL competitions, so I want to do everything right to get the best numbers I can while still making the box sound good for daily driving, any and all input is greatly appreciated, please help me make my tahoe the absolute best it can possibly be!

And, just to recap everything, I currently have a mechman 270 amp alt, kenwood excelon headunit, Big 3 upgrade, and like 65-70 ft of 0 awg sitting beside me. I plan on buying 3 xs power D3100's, 4 Fi sp4 18's fully loaded, and a Dc audio 9k amp. Are there any other things that I should buy such as a 2nd alt or other things related to powering the system Im working on building? And the main question itself, which of the 4 boxes should I build to use for competing while still sounding good for a daily driver? what are the pro's and cons of all 4 designs?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me. Im open to all comments, criticism and suggestions, and please excuse me if I said the same thing more than once, I'm pretty tired haha.

Talk to Cj18 he is a rep an can get the best price

Go to 1/0 or even 2/0

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

alright, I want to do a 2nd alt, ill try to get a 3rd, but which box of the 4 designs would be the best?

i get a lot of -rolled eyes- for this but talk to Pete over at PWK, in my opinion is the best an can help you get the most out of your setup

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

ill check him out, can anyone suggest which box of the 4 would be best for the subs i want to run though? and the pros/cons of all 4 designs?

My Youtube Channel

Trying to guess the SPL of a system with out a meter is like trying to guess how much air pressure is in a compressor tank just by letting some of the air out.

...Seems like 90 psi...

Each design has its advantages and if you search around here on SMD and also do some goggling you will find all the answers. What we can tell you is that a wall will be louder than subs up port back if built properly. I have built a 4th order and a flat wall and all was done with me searching the forums and Google. Asking people which enclosure will work better is no different than asking them what brand is the best. Your going to get all different answers and will end up more confused than before

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Archived