Sonic Electronix

Gay shaved windows are gay, lol. Just kidding Jay, shit is clean. Op, I wouldn't shave the rear window. Even thought you're walled, if you ever get rid of the wall, and try to sell it, that'll turn every potential buyer away. Just my opinion though.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

He dropped the wall. He has an infinite baffle with 3 15s instead of a rear seat now.

Scottishbear, did you say you were wanting to put an amp on the rear deck and that was one reason for the rear window delete?

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Gay shaved windows are gay, lol. Just kidding Jay, shit is clean. Op, I wouldn't shave the rear window. Even thought you're walled, if you ever get rid of the wall, and try to sell it, that'll turn every potential buyer away. Just my opinion though.

It is a 15yr. old Malibu. The only place it would be sold to would be a junkyard and that isn't happening anytime soon.

He dropped the wall. He has an infinite baffle with 3 15s instead of a rear seat now.

Scottishbear, did you say you were wanting to put an amp on the rear deck and that was one reason for the rear window delete?

It's actually 3 18" broham. Tight squeeze. The baffle is 56 across. Tight fit. And yes to the amps. I want to mount them over the top of the infinite baffle length wise stacked on one another.I plan on getting 3 4 channels and 2 mono amps. One for the IB subs and another for the sub I want to do in the dash. I figured out another way to do it. I am going to rebuild the rear deck out of mdf and use that as a mounting structure. I am going to build the enclosures for the midbass first, then build a large piece that holds the amps and ties into everything. Still like shaving the window idea.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

LOL. Ha ha ha, seriously lol'ing

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

It is a 15yr. old Malibu. The only place it would be sold to would be a junkyard and that isn't happening anytime soon.

It's actually 3 18" broham. Tight squeeze. The baffle is 56 across. Tight fit. And yes to the amps. I want to mount them over the top of the infinite baffle length wise stacked on one another.I plan on getting 3 4 channels and 2 mono amps. One for the IB subs and another for the sub I want to do in the dash. I figured out another way to do it. I am going to rebuild the rear deck out of mdf and use that as a mounting structure. I am going to build the enclosures for the midbass first, then build a large piece that holds the amps and ties into everything. Still like shaving the window idea.

Ah... That's right. That sounds killer. Might I suggest one thing, whether you delete the window or not keep it covered somehow. I put my amp on the rear deck in molli and it was almost always in protect from heat when I first got in the car.

That curved glass is like a magnifying glass.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Ah... That's right. That sounds killer. Might I suggest one thing, whether you delete the window or not keep it covered somehow. I put my amp on the rear deck in molli and it was almost always in protect from heat when I first got in the car.

That curved glass is like a magnifying glass.

It's surprisingly loud considering it is infinite baffle. Once I reinforce the rear deck I am dying to get on a TL and see what it is capable of. The window will stay plasti-dipped whether or not I do the mods.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Personally, when I delete (shave) something, it gets filled in with metal and welded all the way around. Then grind the weld down and look for any seems. The reason this is done is because the metal is constantly being stressed and pulled in different directions. If there is not a proper fusion between the two pieces, it will tear and fall apart.

Sheet metal isn't neccesarily hard to work with, but it requires a TON of patience. Honestly, anyone can do all the tack welding and grinding. The hardest part is getting the metal to shape and form.

If you plan on doing a large surface area, you'll need reinforcements as well. Strongly consider what you are deleting. Body lines and windows are added to cars for a reason. You have to be very visual before you shave something. Otherwise the outcome could be a disaster.

This is no small task. If you decide to do it, I wish you luck.

I agree that it should be trimmed with metal... If it were me after I got it to fit would dampen the hell out of it, the deck, and pillars then start to weld it up

Archived