Second Skin Audio

L-Port enclosure request for Sundown X-15

-X-RaTeD-

Joe X, or anyone,

I am looking for a box design for my X-15. L-Port, tuned ~28-32Hz.

The dimensions that I have to work with are 32"W x 18"D x 16"H.

I hope that it will fit within the space that I have, but if not, could you let me know what tuning would allow it to fit?

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

About 1600 watts, 1Ohm

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Double baffle will be absolutely necessary. Id say you are RIGHT on with external dims, give our take an inch or two. Probably a 3" wide port and around 20" of port length. Not sure since I'm not running your numbers exactly, just pulling from my head. I'll bet I'm close though.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Thanks I appreciate it, that sounds good.

I could do 18"H and 20"D if absolutely necessary, but I am trying to save room to mount the amp somewhere other than on the enclosure this time.

~Henry David Thoreau

Disclaimer: Don't take these specs as gospel, i don't have jack for info on the x-15, no displacement numbers, no recommended enclosure size or anything. So this is just a ballpark using a best guess.

edit: just saw the tuning you wanted, adjusted.

x15_zps0cece144.png

I have seen t/s parameters for prototypes of these subs but nothing official regarding production units, I would get someone at Sundown to issue a recommendation, t/s parameters or whatever, the height of the box should be 16 1/2"H at least if this is for a trunk car. The jeezy stuff may not play that great on 37Hz but then again who knows what you listen to.

I have seen t/s parameters for prototypes of these subs but nothing official regarding production units, I would get someone at Sundown to issue a recommendation, t/s parameters or whatever, the height of the box should be 16 1/2"H at least if this is for a trunk car. The jeezy stuff may not play that great on 37Hz but then again who knows what you listen to.

it's 32hz. Please read. I mean, you post 20 minutes after i edited.

My bad, here are the spec's from Jacob,

X-15 D2

1250 watts RMS
Re : 3.68 ohms
Fs : 20.51 Hz
Qes : 0.42
Qms : 4.81
Qts : 0.39
Le : 4.00 mH
Sd : 729 cm^2
Vas : 107 L
BL : 21.79 NA
Mms : 422 g
Cms : 142 uM/N
Sens : 85.17 dB 1w/1m

~Henry David Thoreau

Archived