Sundown Audio

Amplifiers And L7s

Blackedout

So I've been looking around for a little while trying to find a bad ass amp that pushes out enough power to handle 2 12'' Kicker l7s and fits within a 25'' length. Its going into a single cab truck, so thats why I'm kinda limited with space.

I've been told rockford is shit and its inefficient, Memphis is good, memphis is bad, JL is the best, I just need a direction. Not really too concerned about price, as long as its not ridiculous. I'm just looking for something that will give me clean power, something that I can 'grow into' as someone said here, so I have an amp that works for the future woofers.

I've tried out a kicker(1000.1), rockford (Punch 800.2), and crunch amp(250.2), of which I liked the kicker the best....

Also, is it possible to blow a subwoofer if you have an amp that puts out a lot of power, but the gains are set right? Say I was running 1 800 watt subwoofer off a SAZ-3000D..... If I set the gains and HU up right, will that sub blow?

Edited by JDirty96

ive seen alot of people running the crunch pzi 3000 on two 12'' l7s you might want to look into that

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

So I've been looking around for a little while trying to find a bad ass amp that pushes out enough power to handle 2 12'' Kicker l7s and fits within a 25'' length. Its going into a single cab truck, so thats why I'm kinda limited with space.

I've been told rockford is shit and its inefficient, Memphis is good, memphis is bad, JL is the best, I just need a direction. Not really too concerned about price, as long as its not ridiculous. I'm just looking for something that will give me clean power, something that I can 'grow into' as someone said here, so I have an amp that works for the future woofers.

I've tried out a kicker(1000.1), rockford (Punch 800.2), and crunch amp(250.2), of which I liked the kicker the best....

Also, is it possible to blow a subwoofer if you have an amp that puts out a lot of power, but the gains are set right? Say I was running 1 800 watt subwoofer off a SAZ-3000D..... If I set the gains and HU up right, will that sub blow?

WOW your an idiot, Rockford is expensive but you get more power than rated for, and overall a great quality built amplifier kicker amps are good as well but if u have dual 2ohm voice coils get a kicker zx1500.1 and if u have dual 4ohm voice coils find a 1ohm stable amp, or you could always get two kicker zx750.1 my bro has one one his single 12" l7 and his is rated a 936wrms and it pounds in his 2.9ft^3 box tuned to 40hz

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

WOW your an idiot, Rockford is expensive but you get more power than rated for, and overall a great quality built amplifier

Calm down turbo. He was just giving examples of mixed opinions.

Thanks for your help. How do you like that sundown amp?

I love my Sundowns. I actually switched from a pair of RF T1000s to these but only because I'm going more competition and will be running them @ 0.5ohm. If not for that i would still have my RFs. The same ones I linked you to. They're very solid amps and aren't too expensive if you buy from the right place.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg