Second Skin Audio

ABS scrapped for Fiberglass.

57hz FS on those 5". I am looking for something that will take up less space in my Camaro. 2 SAv2 8's are going in but I wanted some usable space and somewhere to mount the amps out of the way. That sundown looks like the answer to my prayers.

I wouldn't get too caught up with fs...i know its not ideal..but either is the enviroment inside a car/truck.

I had a 15$ home 10" woofer in a tline tuned low, did fine just couldnt take full rms. I will be giving these less then RMS most like due to wiring configuration with 6 16ohm speakers lol. 10.66ohms here we come.

The sundowns sweet but with quick measuring I would still have to lift my seats some, or come out from under the seats a little with the baffle. Plus I could only afford one with the budget. I plan on funding the entire project by selling my 8" with sa12 motor. Just got a fresh recone in and will build it before I list it forsale. Or maybe leave it seperate if anyone wants to build it themselves for a lesser price.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

i like the tangband 6. Might give that some thought, at that price point if I did 4...that would be a good amount of cone area and giv eme about 250w power handling...wouldnt be bad.

I figure I could sell my current 8 with recone for 120-140, then that would pay for all 6 subs and the aero ports. or maybe two of thos tangbands, then two more later or something idk.

Dammit now you hav eme thinking again haha.

I still think the 5;s will be a better fit under seat, and look cleaner/more stealth.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Ok here is my new woofer choice. 5 1/4 can be ported to acheive a low f3 and I can wire to 6ohms to knock down my amps power output hopefully enough I dont overpower too much. 40wrms each so 240wrms TOTAL LOL talk about lowpower build.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=264-917&scqty=6

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

yea man. Just waiting for my bike to sell tomorrow so I can order the subs and port. Then gonna go to a place in Anaheim to see about the abs. If I brace it correctly ibshould be fine with 1/8" thick enclosure and 1/4" abs baffle with 1/2" mdf rings mounted on the back to support the hole and give better grip fro the mounting screws. I'm excited for this and hopefully meets my expectations.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Those look pretty legit for the price, like the big surround on them

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Why not glass it instead of plastic

I'm horrible at glassing. Lol and even worse at glass to mdf connections. Plus I haven't seen one done on here. Also the plastic should be faster and cleaner. I have access to hot air welder or can chemically do it too. I can heat it to match the curve in my trucks floor and hard angles are easy since you weld it. Plus it will be light and with enough bracing it should be more then strong enough.

primary reason...to try something different

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Why not glass it instead of plastic

I'm horrible at glassing. Lol and even worse at glass to mdf connections. Plus I haven't seen one done on here. Also the plastic should be faster and cleaner. I have access to hot air welder or can chemically do it too. I can heat it to match the curve in my trucks floor and hard angles are easy since you weld it. Plus it will be light and with enough bracing it should be more then strong enough.

primary reason...to try something different

Awesome. Excited to see it

Hope it works out

You can start something new

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived