blowing head units

Well come to find out im blowing head units 1 by 1. They turn on but no sound, where do you people think the bad wire is and if its my factory harness then how do I fix that and im not buying another car for sure.

Windows Xp1 40 & 120gigHDDMSI BoardUNDERCONSTRUCTION Dr. Doom aka StarScream3kDestruction at ur service

take it to a shop...

hint, next time you try to get some help.... you are going to have to know a little something about what your trying to install, or dont bother..

and give as much info as you can..

like this.......................

hi, i am a noob, i have a 93 turd and factory speakers and this is the 2nd h/u that has fried in 2 weeks... i have searched the car to try to find smashed wires.. i have made sure all the connections behind the deck are kool..  i hear squealing noises or clicks right befor eit shuts off... if i disconnect the rear speakers it never shuts off, what could be my problem?

something like that at least.. look at it this way...... we dont have a book that tells us every noobs problem.. there are no magic answers.. we know what we know because we have seen alot, its all stored in our heads.

now sure i could name off everything that can smoke a deck, BUT by the way your asking i highly doubt you would even understand 1/10 of it.

so try that post again

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Not being an ass...... but you asked about the vaugest question ever...

ummm it doesnt work?? 

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Thats clarion...  i am a dealer and ive seen a couple of thm do it... usally its the cd mech that goes out..

so rca side right?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey ray is there any easy way of seeing if the head unit amp is blown? i have a jvc deck that has a start up/shut down sound and for some reason the only thing that will play on the front speakers is that sound... think its the hu? im probably never going to use it but my dad wants a mp3 in his truck so i was going to give it to him...

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer