So, I'm in the planning stages of building a reef tank and I know I've seen some people here post pictures of their tanks, so I figured I'd start a thread for the few of us that enjoy this hobby.

I'm planning on building a 180 gallon display tank and doing a custom 60 gallon or so sump/refugium. I'm going to try and DIY as much as possible (build my own tank/sump/stand/lights/skimmer ect) so when I start I will do a build log here if there is enough interest.

Anyways, post pics of your setup! Even if its a freshwater tank, lets see em.

I have 2 freshwater tanks. One 50 gal with 2 oscars, and a pecostamus, crazy water changes every 2-3 days. And a 10 gal with 1 fancy goldfish who is allmost 5 years old but still only 4 inches long. Id post pics but im on mobile and dont know how. Down for pics of saltwater tanks cause thats probably my next aquatic endever.

I just wish i had a funny sig.

Ive got a 150 reef with a 40 gallon sump. Dual 250 metal halides etss skimmer phosphate reactor and some other stuff im forgetting. Its been neglected pretty bad since the kid was born. I just dont have the time and energy to keep up with it. Ill post some pics later of the setups weve had we had an awesone 37 gallo.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Do you have fish in a reef tank? I hope that doesn't found stupid lol I know reef is a living thing so not sure if that's all your wanting

Yes, there are reef friendly fish.

And N8, that's a bummer that you haven't had much time for your tank...I understand though, I have 3 young boys and when they were a little younger, I didn't have much extra time for anything. Looking forward to seeing some pictures though!

Archived