new 275a Alternator - noise at 3000rpm

Installed new alternator, and all is fine, but when i rev it from astop sign to 3000rpm driving it kinda makes a wierd noise, its not a squeel or a squeek, its almost like a binding noise or something.

i just looked up my belt size and found this:
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?Ntt=Drive%20Belt
it says my belt size is 88.3 in.

then i looked up the belt i have installed:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dac-5060875
87.06 in

thats 1.24 of a difference, like i said its fine until i hit 3000 rpm, but could it be TOO big, or what?
i was told to put 1 inch smaller belt in, and this is what i was given.
here are some videos i dont know if u can hear it or not.

i can kind of feel a vibration a little in the peddle aswell. it makes like a VRMMM noise.. and it never made this kinda noise with my stock alternator.

thanks!

Guest DC Power Kyle

From what I can tell on the video which isn't saying much, it sounds normal. However, its a really small pulley so your alternator is going to be rotating a lot faster than the stock alternator. When I was running a really small pulley for a prototype on my car (1.8 inches) it would literally sound like a turbo was added to my car because of the fans in the alternator.

Guest DC Power Kyle

Contact the manufacturer of the alternator then. Something could be off in the unit. Just saying its hard to hear over the video.

Belt slip?

Does the pulley on the alt feel HOT?

Belt slip?

Does the pulley on the alt feel HOT?

im not sure if its considered belt slip or not, its more of a binding noise so idk if thats belt slip or not, ill have to check if the pulleys hot i guess? but can anyone tell me if its the belt i should of used? idk..

thats just the alt spinning.. what do you expect when your turning it at like 345732547845234RPM?

you should hear my 3 400s when i get my truck around 3000rpm.. ( same manufacture) singer wont send out a shit product. if your that concered... put the larger pully on it.

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived