Second Skin Audio

Giant box in place of back seat

Not trying to dis but if you can't fit it in your trunk sell the 18 and get a pair of 12's or 10's or even 4 8's all will have more cone area then the 1 18 and you will be much happier then with a box in the back seat. It sounds like crap I know I Tried it

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Im still really stuck on this ported box. I dont mean to change the subject but can I ask you something? Im using torres calculator and im very confused on the port length. Its an L ported box with both sub and port foward. I made like a thousand threads, so far no definate answer... I have screenshots and everything on torres 30 plus page forum if you could check it out and help with the port cutut I would love u forever ahah jk:P

Just post up the info on this thread and someone can help. I don't really know anything about the torres calculator. I am sure if you posted a bunch of threads someone would have answered by now. What problems are you having with your tuning and the port?

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Wall it man, it'll give you the experience and you learn as you go. Like ScottishBear said, it's pretty simple for the most part.

Steps:

Take back seats out (they can always be put back in in the future)

Make a 'floor' out of wood that is bolted to the car

Build an outer shell that will seal off the front of the car from the back-I didn't build a shell with mine and I learned from it, but it really doesn't look hard just time consuming. Doesn't have to look pretty as long as you're gonna be covering it

Once your outer shell is built you work with the volume inside of it, and figure out sub/port orientations and go from there.

Hopefully we can get some experts in here because I know just as much as you do about building walls on a professional level so I'd also like to know what else I can improve on when I eventually redo mine

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Not trying to dis but if you can't fit it in your trunk sell the 18 and get a pair of 12's or 10's or even 4 8's all will have more cone area then the 1 18 and you will be much happier then with a box in the back seat. It sounds like crap I know I Tried it

im pretty much sure 1 18 is more cone then a pair of 12s 10s and 4 8s,, although he could fit a smaller box in the cabin

im pretty much sure 1 18 is more cone then a pair of 12s 10s and 4 8s,, although he could fit a smaller box in the cabin
So 18 is bigger then 24? 18 is bigger then 20 and 18 is way bigger then 32?

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

So 18 is bigger then 24? 18 is bigger then 20 and 18 is way bigger then 32

:nuts::rofl2::rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2::hyper::hyper: L0L

Cone area = pi x (r x r)

pi = 3.14 r = radius of sub

here you go lol

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/6819-cone-area-of-a-subwoofer/

So 18 is bigger then 24? 18 is bigger then 20 and 18 is way bigger then 32
:nuts::rofl2::rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2::hyper::hyper: L0L

Cone area = pi x (r x r)

pi = 3.14 r = radius of sub

here you go lol

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/6819-cone-area-of-a-subwoofer/

I will admit I'm wrong on that I was always under the impression you pretty much added them together and yes subtract 1in from each but yup I'm wrong. Still tho the 2 12's and all others will sound so much better in there proper place then 1 18 on the back seat of a car

141 on music.

Lol it's a square 18, cone area is 324 inches. It's like 10 inches away from being equivalent to a 21" round sub:p and the magnet on this beast is 100+ pounds its a monster! It's diff going in my back seat. I've been there done that with the 2 12s in my trunk. Sounded nice, not LOUD but it deff vibrated stuff lol. My trunk flex was to the point of it being stupid. Those were cvrs in a crappy prefab sealed tho, if I got sundowns in a nice port I guess it would be a lot louder:p dang car audio shops setting me up with a shit box-__-

Archived