Getting a 60 gallon compressor

Carbon

Still cant decide lol.

Decision made.....just get them all! ;)

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

See the thing is. I dont use my air tools alot. But I use the air nozzle to clean things off daily. Just sick of hearing the damn thing running.

See the thing is. I dont use my air tools alot. But I use the air nozzle to clean things off daily. Just sick of hearing the damn thing running.

That is why I decided to step up to the 60 in the first place, in conjunction with it not keeping up with some of my sanders. But you could always just look at putting a regulator on the nozzle to cut down on the air flow and prevent it from running quite as much. You will still use more air using a nozzle, but at least that should curb it a little.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

I need the CFM. When I have will grinding away and I'm spraying, the 33 I have now gets pissed off. Most of the time is does just fine. I've just outgrown it . I like the higher PSI over the IR units. Longer drain time before it kicks on. I've never been a fan of anything Dewalt. I've had enough bad luck with their drills to never buy them again. The guys at Lowes here are way easier to deal with then the fags at HD. The 60 gal from lowes would be more than plenty for what you want to use it for. In all reality I can spray a car with my 33. She will run the entire time, but it can be done. Grinders on the other hand take some serious air.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

That is why I decided to step up to the 60 in the first place, in conjunction with it not keeping up with some of my sanders. But you could always just look at putting a regulator on the nozzle to cut down on the air flow and prevent it from running quite as much. You will still use more air using a nozzle, but at least that should curb it a little.

Ehh, I like my 150psi full blast. I think Ill just grab up the dewalt one next month.

What kind of air tools do you plan on running of the thing? 1/2" impacts? DA and line Sanders? Kingsuv is EXACTLY right, it's all about CFM and giving yourself overhead for what tools you plan to run. I know you, and you don't do bodywork, or heavy impact work, so u don't know why you need a big ass compressor in the first place.

My advice is this:

This is one of those purchases you're only going to want to make ONCE. Spend the money now to but something you'll be happy with for years. We have had the same big 80 gallon in our garage for thelast 20 years with many cars being bodyworked and painted, and several hot rods being restored. Ours has always met our demands very well. We've had it so long, I can't even remember what CFM it pushes.

I would also suggest if you're looking to get into bodywork, and the compressors you're looking at DON'T have them, invest in a nice inline dryer. You live in a humid state back there, Chris, you don't want moisture getting into your paint from your tank.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

No serious body work man. Just sanding, cut off tools, Air nozzle, 1/2in impact for working on the atvs.

Edit: I also have this thing that has 2 hoses going into it. One is cleaner and one is air. Love it.

Archived