Second Skin Audio

Tuning at 34 hz, peaks 38?

Shigshwa

I used WinISD to calculate the response curve for my box. the f3 is 27hz, and the peak is 38, but I tuned it to 34 hz. My box is 4 cubes and I'm running an SP4 15. Does that seem right? The free air resonant frequency is 27 hz, and doesn't the sub act like a free air driver below tuning? Or does fs not matter in terms of the driver unloading below tuning?

mid3.png

i've heard winisd dosent really matter because it all changes when you put the actual box in the car.. hopefully someone else will chime in with a better response, but that's just what i've read

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

I see, interesting. I'm worried about unloading as well. I tuned at 34hz. Despite what the plot says, the sub still begins to unload at 34hz, right? Or would it unload starting at 38? Or is the peak not representative of that point? I understand that the sub won't totally unload until well beyond the tuning frequency.

Unloading is what your SSF is for. You'll likely not have any issues until 27 or a tad below.

I'm tuned to 35 and can play 27 no subsonic lol

I see, interesting. I'm worried about unloading as well. I tuned at 34hz. Despite what the plot says, the sub still begins to unload at 34hz, right? Or would it unload starting at 38? Or is the peak not representative of that point? I understand that the sub won't totally unload until well beyond the tuning frequency.

Check your cone excursion plot, The frequency response WinISD gives is only valid (for the most part) in an anechoic environment like outdoors.

Check your cone excursion plot, The frequency response WinISD gives is only valid (for the most part) in an anechoic environment like outdoors.

How do I do that?

Archived