Shigshwa Posted August 6, 2013 Report Posted August 6, 2013 I used WinISD to calculate the response curve for my box. the f3 is 27hz, and the peak is 38, but I tuned it to 34 hz. My box is 4 cubes and I'm running an SP4 15. Does that seem right? The free air resonant frequency is 27 hz, and doesn't the sub act like a free air driver below tuning? Or does fs not matter in terms of the driver unloading below tuning?
SnowDrifter Posted August 6, 2013 Report Posted August 6, 2013 Winisd =/= to actual response in car ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
reg93f150 Posted August 6, 2013 Report Posted August 6, 2013 i've heard winisd dosent really matter because it all changes when you put the actual box in the car.. hopefully someone else will chime in with a better response, but that's just what i've read ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub
Shigshwa Posted August 6, 2013 Author Report Posted August 6, 2013 I see, interesting. I'm worried about unloading as well. I tuned at 34hz. Despite what the plot says, the sub still begins to unload at 34hz, right? Or would it unload starting at 38? Or is the peak not representative of that point? I understand that the sub won't totally unload until well beyond the tuning frequency.
SnowDrifter Posted August 6, 2013 Report Posted August 6, 2013 Unloading is what your SSF is for. You'll likely not have any issues until 27 or a tad below. I'm tuned to 35 and can play 27 no subsonic lol ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Joe X Posted August 6, 2013 Report Posted August 6, 2013 I see, interesting. I'm worried about unloading as well. I tuned at 34hz. Despite what the plot says, the sub still begins to unload at 34hz, right? Or would it unload starting at 38? Or is the peak not representative of that point? I understand that the sub won't totally unload until well beyond the tuning frequency. Check your cone excursion plot, The frequency response WinISD gives is only valid (for the most part) in an anechoic environment like outdoors.
Shigshwa Posted August 6, 2013 Author Report Posted August 6, 2013 I see, interesting. I'm worried about unloading as well. I tuned at 34hz. Despite what the plot says, the sub still begins to unload at 34hz, right? Or would it unload starting at 38? Or is the peak not representative of that point? I understand that the sub won't totally unload until well beyond the tuning frequency. Check your cone excursion plot, The frequency response WinISD gives is only valid (for the most part) in an anechoic environment like outdoors. How do I do that?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.