Second Skin Audio

T nuts

brian85578

I've pulled some of my subs using those screws too. Good luck mounting with nuts and 75 lb woofers

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I disagree deck screws over 20 installations without stripping or backing out holding up 70lbs subs in a car that toppd out at a 164 dbs my windshield broke before the screws

That's good for you but it doesn't mean most people can do it successfully. If you used a drill, you obviously have the dexterity and experience to do it without over driving the screws. I've trained and managed a lot of low voltage techs over the years and trust me, most people have a hard time learning how to use drills without breaking screws or stripping holes.

You might also check the gas level in your mower with a cigarette lighter as a light source once or twice... but that doesn't set a safe precedent for everyone.

;-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Yeah alpine I could probably get away with 4 per woofer and be OK with it. I'll take those an impact and 30 seconds a woofer over fighting with tnuts again

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I disagree deck screws over 20 installations without stripping or backing out holding up 70lbs subs in a car that toppd out at a 164 dbs my windshield broke before the screws

That's good for you but it doesn't mean most people can do it successfully. If you used a drill, you obviously have the dexterity and experience to do it without over driving the screws. I've trained and managed a lot of low voltage techs over the years and trust me, most people have a hard time learning how to use drills without breaking screws or stripping holes.

You might also check the gas level in your mower with a cigarette lighter as a light source once or twice... but that doesn't set a safe precedent for everyone.

;-)

Lmao well if you read any of the comments about t nuts the same analogy gos for your t nut install as well

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Lmao well if you read any of the comments about t nuts the same analogy gos for your t nut install as well

No, because t-nuts are designed to be used in locations where installation and removal are expected. Siding and deck screws are not, so there is no "proper" way to use them as speaker fasteners.

T nuts are to much of a pain in the ass for me there is a point of diminishing return

If they are your choice of fastners good for you ill be over here with the loud guys that don't go threw the hassel of t nuts in a wall with 70lb + subs

So you're saying that I can't have a loud system because of the fasteners I use? Even though using them for me isn't going through too much hassle? :-\

I thought about using then myself but like Kylar said I read about too many people complaining about them for me to go through the hassle of using them.. They probably work really well with real wood but I don't think MDF (too soft) is the best application for them IMO. Just get some beefy stainless/galvanized screws like N8 said and be done with it.

So you're saying that I can't have a loud system because of the fasteners I use? Even though using them for me isn't going through too much hassle? :-\

I never said that if that's what you think so be it

Fyi iirc steve meade loves t nuts last I check he has a loud system............

Archived