OFC/CCA mix?

Probably will answer my own question but doesn't hurt to ask. Have a roll of CCA and ended up getting another roll but was OFC. I'm doing four runs to the back. 2 pos, 2 gnd. Should I run a pos and gnd of cca and the second set with ofc or just run both pos runs with ofc and the gnd with the cca? Front battery is a xs 1200, rear is a 3100, stock alt right now but upgrading to a mechman 240 in the near future. thinking I need to do a run of each but rather get some opinions before I do. All 1/0 gauge, going to a DC 5K and 175.4. Thanks.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Run the 2 positive runs to the back with the OFC

Do the negatives with CCA in addition to the frame ground. The ONLY reason I say that is because of the frame ground.

Wire the 175.4 with CCA and the 5k with OFC.

..IMO :)

Same dilemma I'm dealing with... I'm going to run of both for each example 1 CCA and OFC run for positive an same for negative

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Archived