Hugh G. Rection Posted August 19, 2013 Report Posted August 19, 2013 Dam that's if a good bit of mustangs you have done builds in. 30 or so lol they are very popular around here. people get them thinking they have a fucking race car. Owner of BigAss Ports
CleanSierra Posted August 19, 2013 Report Posted August 19, 2013 At just over 3000 lbs. they are very apt candidates for a quick ride. I agree, you see tons of guys thinking that if they put a couple of Flowmasters and an H pipe they have something special. It sure doesn't take much to get one to run though....not much at all. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
87chevyboi Posted August 20, 2013 Author Report Posted August 20, 2013 lol very true kids turning 16 get them round here and swear they got a fast car....But as stated if you drop a little bit of money in it it can be a fast car but your gonna need more than flowmasters and a h pipe lol... My build aka Snow White whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.
big dee Posted August 20, 2013 Report Posted August 20, 2013 I remember back in the 90s the cops drove those style mustangs and they was pretty fast cars. They had them blacked out . They looked pretty cools too. I wish I had one even tho I'm a chevy guy I would still drive it lol
certifiednut Posted August 20, 2013 Report Posted August 20, 2013 i have an 88 hatchback. i started with a sealed box for some cheap 8s that i had laying around, but then decided i wanted bigger, and went to 1 15" powerbass 3xl(definitely wouldnt fit in a notch) but then i bought 2 dc m2 8s and built a ported box and am running it off of an older hifonics 1000w amp. it sounds great, and plays plenty low. here is a pic of the 15 in my hatch, and one of the box that replaced it. i also built plates to replace my broken door speaker grills out of 1/2" mdf, and painted them to mount some 6.5" components. these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves
87chevyboi Posted August 21, 2013 Author Report Posted August 21, 2013 do you have a pic of the 8s in? and also do you have pics of the door panel mod? I like that and may go with something similiar to that setup in the doors. The hatch has so much more room than my coupe lol My build aka Snow White whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.
certifiednut Posted August 25, 2013 Report Posted August 25, 2013 with the door panels i took the plastic grills that were on the factory panels and removed them. then i took those and traced their shape to a piece of 1/2 inch mdf. then i screwed it to another piece and used a router with a flush cut but to make a copy. i left them together and sanded the edges smooth. then i used a round over bit and rounded the panels off. then i primed them and painted them. i just screwed the panels to the doors, nothing special. here is a pic of my box in the mustang these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves
87chevyboi Posted August 25, 2013 Author Report Posted August 25, 2013 ya they would be a tight fit in my coupe lol...But im gonna make them work, how to those 8s sound in the mustang tho? you got a video of it playing? I am gonna make some door panels like that tho, i got to run wires through the doors first to make the speakers work. My build aka Snow White whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.
certifiednut Posted August 26, 2013 Report Posted August 26, 2013 ya they would be a tight fit in my coupe lol...But im gonna make them work, how to those 8s sound in the mustang tho? you got a video of it playing? I am gonna make some door panels like that tho, i got to run wires through the doors first to make the speakers work. the 8s sound awesome, and play low. i have the box tuned to about 34hz. i pulled one side of the tube with the wires in it off and fished the wires through with a wire hanger, and put the crossovers in the kick panels behind the trim these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.